• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

i don't know. my kids football started already, that means winter is right around the corner!

Sam is sleepy eyed and only on a half can of mt dew right now. please hold while his energy loads...

Thanks for the warning Brad......:D

Yep. The Iowa State Fair starts the 7th, the first nail in the coffin for end of summer with school starting right after(or during for some districts) and Labor day being right around the corner.

Winter birthday days are the best! February 28th here.

It's a good time if you let it. Lots of people, if you go with the flow, let yourself have a good time and bring lots of cash to eat your weight in crappy, oh so tasty fried food you'll have a blast. I'm taking a day off to spend all day out, haven't been able to for many years.

Great place to people watch, from tramps to 800lbs bearded lady and I'm not talking the midway shows. Haha. They got it all

I think I'm going to have to wait till the end, I get paid on the 15th.
I'll have to look at the fair schedule, maybe if there's enough interesting things going on that weekend I'll find somewhere to camp Friday and Saturday night.

Iowa state fair is about as good as you'll find. Try to spend a full day there...and splurge a litter on some food. There are some good eats there

So...we are applying for unemployment for melissa. to be honest, I forgot about that. We have been both working forever and the only time we both had periods where we were unemployed we were both coming off contract jobs and weren't eligible. After looking into it, what she was bringing home is going to be fairly close to what she was making since she used to get paid more and the benefits are based on your highest paid quarter in the last year...so at least for now we will be good. It gives her a little time to spend with the baby without worry while she tries to apply for jobs.

She is also going to spend some time researching grants and money available for small businesses since one of the reasons we moved here was for her to open her own bridal store since there isn't one in town...so i'm breathing a little easier now.

Back