• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Split a vent hose(smaller one) when I was removing a gas tank...anyone know of a good place for a replacement? Kinda need it fairly soon. I'd also take the filler hose too.

3 1/2 hours at the DMV.
I saw a total of five different people only two "worked" at a time.
One guy stood behind the counter and the most I saw him do was shift his weight from the right to the left, he was one of the "workers"
The others rotated in and out from their "breaks".
I got number 9 after 45 minuets they called number3, that was the first number they called.

3 1/2 hours at the DMV.
I saw a total of five different people only two "worked" at a time.
One guy stood behind the counter and the most I saw him do was shift his weight from the right to the left, he was one of the "workers"
The others rotated in and out from their "breaks".
I got number 9 after 45 minuets they called number3, that was the first number they called.

Makes me happy that on a normal week day, I can go to the license branch locally (or any of them I can drive to), sign in and be out in 20 minutes or less. Sometimes it is more, but not that often. I renewed my plates online on Monday (physical locations were closed, did it online), got my new registrations and stickers today. It wasn't always this way, it used to be more like your experience.

awesome. done!

by the way. what do you use for the axle side mount on this can the stock one be used?

I would replace the lower mounts with something heavier duty (Barnes has good stuff (I sell Barnes stuff)) but yes you can use the stock mounts with a 9/16 bolt or drill them out to 5/8. Just use matching missalignment spacers in a 1.25" heim or other 2-5/8 wide joint.

i was just wondering because Ive got the disconnect axle with the cast upper mount.

Random Ford tech if anyone has an idea
Another 3 hours of work done. Getting closer...
Got wiring done (I have deleted the stupid GPC and harness on the 85 engine), adjusted clutch, put in starter (the big heavy bastard for now), and some other little things.
I can also confirm that the fuel solenoid will click with 7v in the batteries.
I need a coolant circuit diagram for an 83 with no ac ("high output" heater).
What would cause the glow plug light to constantly be on? From what I can tell the wire that is supposed to turn that light on isn't even hooked up right now, and I know the glow plug solenoid isn't being triggered since that wire isn't hooked up and I checked to make sure there was no voltage on the GP side of the solenoid.

Random Ford tech if anyone has an idea

What harness did you delete? GPC Glow plug controller?

From what I read on a random google search wiring diagram the power wire for the GP light is a black/ppl wire with a 20a fusible link. The only way I see for it to be lit is if that wire maybe got put on the wrong side of the solenoid.
The light is constant grounded and is powered when the glow plug relay is engaged. The only thing I can think of is an incorrectly placed wire.

Re: Re: Important

Well we got the Jeep back up and running. Still going over a couple things but think we are on the right track. All I did was fix the one fuel power wire, different cam sensor, and remove and clean the crank sensor. Guess we will see what happens. Fingers crossed
Cool. Glad it was "easy".

Smash Hole FTW

Just made a smash hole purchase myself. Gonna try some clear/amber lights on flo.

Back