• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Go WARN or go home.

I thought I got my Warn so I COULD go home!

After having a few Ramsey's fail my old man buys cheap ones and plans on replacing them every few years, I will have to recommend Superwinch to him.
Pretty sure my Warn/Amc 8274 is about as old as I am.

Last edited:
So my urge to get a wranglar if my friend decides to keep his was quickly put out last night.... Even a ten year old wranglar is outside my comfort price range in stock form. The ones that are in crap condition still are outrageous. Forget about the jks. They are still 20k on the used market stock, lifted, haha.

In short, I am either buying my friends or putting as little as possible into mine to make it fun.

Much like camera gear, I didn't have financial stability to look at jeeps in the past couple years and didn't know what pricing was. Now since looking last night, if he does sell, my wife seen how much of a value it is.

Somebody got some smash hole in his motorhome.

vudu6ame.jpg

I have had my smittybuilt for almost 7 and have never had any problems with it. I may step up to a warn after this one wears out

Pretty sure my Warn/Amc 8274 is about as old as I am.

I have one of these too, never really believed they were "that fast" until I started to uspool it and it came off the drum faster than I could pull it off. It's a shame they are soooooo expensive new now.

I have had my smittybuilt for almost 7 and have never had any problems with it. I may step up to a warn after this one wears out

I'm not saying it's a bad winch. Just not a WARN. As long as it gets me unstuck I don't care what stickers are on it lol. I have a tmax myself. It's been through hell

I have one of these too, never really believed they were "that fast" until I started to uspool it and it came off the drum faster than I could pull it off. It's a shame they are soooooo expensive new now.

No way I would buy a new one for what they want! If I was a little crazier I would run the older one with the extra gear reduction like ours and do the new larger motor and stronger motor keyshaft. (unnecessary)

There is a overkill mod by gigglepin for a 2 motor setup (ridiculously unnecessary).

I really like that they are so rebuildable and an old one can be found reasonably priced. They are crazy big though

Well I guess it's time to start looking at the map to plan our drive to Harlan. Any of you northern Indiana people got a good route to recommend? It's been 4 or 5 years since I've been down there and can't remember what roads to avoid

Well I guess it's time to start looking at the map to plan our drive to Harlan. Any of you northern Indiana people got a good route to recommend? It's been 4 or 5 years since I've been down there and can't remember what roads to avoid

Construction delays on 65 if you end up going that route.

Back