• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I have become very selective in who I help and why. Comes with age I suppose. I've had things returned to me broken or volunteered my time and got told no when I needed help.

I have to help my young Marines, but never on their schedule and always on mine. That usually keeps the requests to a minimum.

Red 'you can't come right now?' Heep

I like the Beer in Macs Keg.....:cheers:

But great points above. The shop I work out of had the same problem people just do not understand how much tools, Heat, lift and all the other stuff adds up to. The owner had to shut it completely down for a month and clear everyone out. Then only full paying customers and a select few were allowed back. I try to make point of telling him and paying him enough that he knows how much it is appreciated he has opened his shop for us to work on our junk.....Now he uses the select few rigs that spend most of their time there to show people what he can do for them. Win win for both sides.....

Ram" I need to go work on my junk tonight" Rod

I also allow someone to do shots off my bottle of whiskey, but when they get to grabbing the coke talking about "im am going to make a drink" ummmm no, there is a liquor store at the end of my street.

Re: Re: Important

I will be wrenching this weekend, want to drink my beer Dylan?

I like the company, and Dylan is a good guy that can find anything on his phone in seconds.

Beer is cheap.

:cheers:

Sure. :thumb:

I like the Beer in Macs Keg.....:cheers:

X2
just don't let Dan fill the pong cups. Lol

Morning routine was screwed up, forgot my wallet. Just ate a 6+ month old nutty bar and followed it with a coffee monster that had been frozen in the bed of my truck for like a month. We will see if I get sick later...

Heck I've gotten so use to doing stuff by myself or having Suzi help me I don't really ask for anyone to come over and help. Plus that means more food and beer for me.

Still doing the rv show tho right?

mac 'think I scored us free tickets to get in' gyvr

I work with a bunch if guys that I don't think have ever touched more than a leather man multi tool. I'm working on someone car in the parking lot after work about once a week. The local guys here (justin, Sean, joe, Brandon, Silas, and I) are always helping each other out on the jeeps.

I pay when I can (or if my mom can afford to, she does) and know the issue that I can't fix myself. When I found out the battery was for sure an issue, I did get one and paying for half of it. I didn't want to throw money at this van and it be shot (motor locked). I am finally getting to a point in my life where I will have money to put back for rainy days or extra stuff. I am also trying to get my mom to do stuff on her own because I have so many fires going in my life right now (her van, wedding, plus some things going on with my grandma I am trying to tie up). Financially, I am better now then I ever have been. No where near where I should be, but Rome wasn't built in a day.

At this point, we get it running, I think she may end up trading it in on a 01 Montana. It isn't exactly the best, but for the money, as long as it lasts three or four years where my mom can get into a better financial spot, that is all I care.

I am putting three gallons of fuel and a bottle of seafoam in it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yes!!! Need some time away from the Jeep that isn't work related. and that's awesome!!!!

:thumbup:

mac 'see you around 5' gyvr

You guys don't even know how awesome it would be if I had a few Jeepers close enough to me to help with some of my bigger projects. Working on the barter system is the bomb if it is fair. I do have a friend who I have and will always work on her car for free (she buys the parts though), but considering I feel like she saved my life. I feel anything I can do to help her out is the least I can do...

ya'll would kick me out of your garage...not because i eat your food and drink your whiskey (always bring my own) but i am the king of having too many tools out at a time...then misplacing the tool i had 10 seconds ago, then dropping it in the oil bucket. then spilling said oil bucket all over me. i am a little disorganized, but thats kind of what works for me. its the weirdo artistic part of me that allows my brain to operate in clutter. my wife hates it :) i do try to clean up after myself, but i'm almost always on a time schedule when doing work.

cant wait to have a real garage for a change instead of using other peoples shops!

I typically just ask that someone replace what they use. If it is a full on motor swap for a friend of a friend...there will be a cost involved. I enjoy the company from time to time, and if someone like Collin or the DSM guys are willing to make the drive down, then you bet I will help them out. It is the low rent mooches that I have weeded out. I dont mind to help someone that is willing to help themself. I am also a bit more selective of who I just let come along and hang out with others after some of my items started to disappear.

We have good times in the shop still, but the older I get the more laid back we are and the big drunk parties every weekend have came to pass. Also it is not a good idea to have a bunch of drunks in the shop when I have the C10 just sitting there....way too much bad could happen when we get our "good ideas" going after drinks :D

Cheese "like to see the company come, and leave" Man

ya'll would kick me out of your garage...not because i eat your food and drink your whiskey (always bring my own) but i am the king of having too many tools out at a time...then misplacing the tool i had 10 seconds ago, then dropping it in the oil bucket. then spilling said oil bucket all over me. i am a little disorganized, but thats kind of what works for me. its the weirdo artistic part of me that allows my brain to operate in clutter. my wife hates it :) i do try to clean up after myself, but i'm almost always on a time schedule when doing work.

cant wait to have a real garage for a change instead of using other peoples shops!

hahahaha we aren't allowed to work on ANY project together, because I do the same thing and the result would be disastrous.

My desk doesn't feel right till it has about an 8 inch deep pile of parts, datasheets, tools, fasteners, printouts, schematics, random notes, and more parts on it. And I still know where everything is within a few inches.

You mean so far this winter, or total for the season?

Just this winter.

I work on my 7 sisters cars and their husbands. Usually its for pie or beer. Every once and a while they will throw in some cash.

I also work on my Uncles 6.0 Ford and F150. In trade I get to use his shop full of steel and welder. It works out nicely.

What joy i'm getting into. Getting an early start on the heater core for this weekends project. Got one of my second best friends helping out-"Mr. Bud Light". Just trying to figure out the easiest way to remove the dash.

Back