• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

X2

When I looked there were two part numbers. One for u bolts one for straps.
All the same for 30/35/44
What's the difference?

One has threads and the other doesn't?

Hole spacing is a bit different on the ubolt ones iirc and there are flat spots machined on the back large enough for a nut plus a wrench.

As for welders, I have done things I shouldn't have with my 100 amp fluxcore, including that bumper I made at WF12 (still holding up fine except one cracked weld from 1/4 plate to 1" plate when I full throttle clutch dumped it backwards into an oak tree from 2 feet away by accident on the trail, which bent the 2x6 box tube) and the leaf perches on my rearend and a few others. None of it has failed, only that one weld has actually cracked and I think it has a good excuse.

- Ken "reverse and first are different, also whiplash hurts" Stein

I have found different spacing for for the yoke lengths on D30s along with the machining for drilled or threaded holes. That still doesn't stop me from keeping everyone I have come across.

I have a century 145 220 volt welder. My Dad bought it in the mid - 90s from Sam's club. She still welds good. At one point it was welding worse that it should be (for the operator) and I ended up replacing the entire wand. I found parts for it (was just a few years ago) and now it's back to welding good again.

My buddies make fun of it...but they were also the ones borrowing it when they didn't have a welder.

mac 'someday I want a blue one' gyvr

So far my Hobart 140 is doing just fine for me. Ended up getting a good deal on it from TSC a couple years ago so couldn't pass it up.

I am probably going to buy the century from him. I have wanted my own welder because I hate going to the shop to use one, and I have to go through a bunch of bs everytime.

What would you all say a 110 with gas is good up to 1/4"?

I would say that no more than that. I am sure you know if you already weld, but your initial start up puddle and penetration is what will help you set your penetration if your consistant...oh, and Bacon :D

Cheese "I said penetration :D " Man

I would say that no more than that. I am sure you know if you already weld, but your initial start up puddle and penetration is what will help you set your penetration if your consistant...oh, and Bacon :D

Cheese "I said penetration :D " Man

I kinda weld. If I had one at home I would do WAY more though.

Gotta start somewhere. And $200 isn't bad for everything.

emubebyb.jpg

Anyone missing any packages? Sucker burned at the UPS hub here in Rockford.

it was terrorist...they hate our efficient delivery systems....and pork.

Cheese "MERICA!" Man

After fighting the trailer wiring on my K2500 last night for 3 hours and chasing the factory brake controller wires under the hood I really appreciate the plug in easy wiring on a 99+ Chevy.

x 47 billion after plugging in the controller on the Expy and having to chase/run wires over and over again every time I bought a different rig.

Back