• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Jed must be the most disorganized person I know.. Pretty much everything looks like this.
yvadepy2.jpg

9ehe5y4u.jpg

HA! that is awesome, this is exactly how my FIL operates...hell, we even have an enclosed trailer that was supposed to be for a mobile shop/parts wagon....it has not moved in a year or better....just throw all the shit where ever you can and hope you can find it when you need it, then waste half a day running to town for parts that you already own but can not find....it makes my head hurt :D

Cheese "I need a drink now!" Man

Re: Re: Important

.just throw all the shit where ever you . can and hope you can find it when you need it, then waste half a day running to town for parts that you already own but can not find....it makes my head hurt :D
Yes.
The shop, schoolbus, and three barns look like that too.
The combine usually has ~15 empty Mt dew cans at the bottom of the windshield and 5 full ones stuffed behind the buddy seat, but that's usually my fault.
Those pics were taken half way through cleanup.
This is why I'm going back to Iowa, to be the one to organize the 50k worth of parts that he doesn't know he has.
...and I kinda like the girl that works nights at Caseys.

Last edited:
My dad's garage and tools were a disorganized mess growing up. Working in the garage with his tools stunk because you'd always be looking for the wrench that you needed and couldn't find.

I may not be OCD organized, but my stuff is so much more organized than his that we now do all wrenching projects that he has here at my house...and I've had his welder and motor slut for the last 10 years...

mac 'because I can always find it' gyvr

My dad was the guy that had outlines on the peg board where each tool went.

I'm close behind. During big projects I have to stop, clean, put everything away and continue.

I wipe my tools down too.

Currently my garage is a mess, I need a day to clean.

I'm close behind. During big projects I have to stop, clean, put everything away and continue.

YOU need a day to clean? You have more days off than you work!

mac 'please' gyvr

i need better garage organization... its a mess all the time

i like how mac did it when we were wrenching on Sam's rig. just put it on the bench and he will put it back, that way its back in the right spot. :D

I think I am not as particular at home because I am continuously making people clean and put stuff away at work.

I have a place for everything and everything ends up there but I don't necessarily wipe everything down before putting it away as I always wear gloves when I am working in the garage.

If the tools weren't wiped and put away when I was a kid I might catch a whooping. I hated it as a kid it was like if they could tell I used anything I got in trouble.

Now Everything has a place and I like it that way. I know where things are when I need them and they are clean and ready.
Its great except for dealing with the rest of the world that can't put things back where they got them.

Everything has it's place and I can see in my head where something is and what's around it.
o.c.d.? Maybe but in a very useful way.

Lol

And on the subject of messy garages, Jed had a 5088 torn apart in the shop, taking up half of it.been in there for like 15 years and I'm not sure it will ever move again. Hell, there's so much stuff piled around it you would have to spend a month just digging it out.

i agree with rew, mac's "just set it there and ill put it away" idea works well.

i also agree with rew that his garage is always a mess. i mean always. i mean, he says "i cleaned my garage", and i get there and it is a mess.

i keep all my stuff clean and organized but not to ocd about it. my biggest problem is no matter how clean my garage is I CAN NEVER FIND THAT DAMN TOOL I JUST HAD IN MY HAND 2 DAMN SECONDS AGO!

SAM'did i mention rew's garage is always a mess'SET

I dont have a spot for every thing but i know where pretty much everything is. right now i know there is a straight claw hammer sitting on top of the dresser in the bedroom, my 3/8ths ratchet,6" extension and 1/4" socket are in the kitchen drawer closest to the stove, needle nose pliers are in the next drawer on the right, a 9/16 deep well socket in my coat pocket, and two screwdrivers in the wife's flex. thats all that is not in my hand tool box.

i agree with rew, mac's "just set it there and ill put it away" idea works well.

i also agree with rew that his garage is always a mess. i mean always. i mean, he says "i cleaned my garage", and i get there and it is a mess.

i keep all my stuff clean and organized but not to ocd about it. my biggest problem is no matter how clean my garage is I CAN NEVER FIND THAT DAMN TOOL I JUST HAD IN MY HAND 2 DAMN SECONDS AGO!

SAM'did i mention rew's garage is always a mess'SET

here ya go, clean garage with the jeep in it...

I am with Brian I am constantly picking up after other "adults" at work and stopping by sears and Lowes after grocery shopping to pick up tools because some dip ass lost it. My garage has to much non garage crap in it all the time and it's winter so the wife parks the baby jeep in there.

a little bit of grease or oil... i dont mind. i wipe mine off after i go wheeling or have to work outside. got to keep that dirt and water out of my ratchets.

and we all know a day of "cleaning" is really a day of beer drinking.
dr_evil_laser.jpg

Rofl

i still want a fast forward button.
Looking forward to going back to Iowa. Tired of midland and this dead end job.
time is precious, and there is never enough. if anything it needs to slow down.

here ya go, clean garage with the jeep in it...

dude... thats worse than ours at school.

I am with Brian I am constantly picking up after other "adults" at work and stopping by sears and Lowes after grocery shopping to pick up tools because some dip ass lost it. My garage has to much non garage crap in it all the time and it's winter so the wife parks the baby jeep in there.
whats a "dip ass"?

time is precious, and there is never enough. if anything it needs to slow down.

As much as I'm ready for Winterfest and warmer weather wheeling...I agree.

mac 'heated garage makes winter easier too' gyvr

Back