• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Re: Re: Important

. If in doubt of a cooling part like a water pump, replace it with a NEW one..
X2

This is mine on a 90* day. I've never seen it over 200 unless it was spring and I still had 3/4 of the radiator covered from winter.

Napa 97 radiator, napa NEW wp, USMW HD fan clutch.
arape6ar.jpg

Back in the day I only carried 12pt 13mm and kept bearings on all my shafts.

Chetta 'one less socket' cheez

I plan to have a hub and shaft set up also, dan and I are trading hubs for the match of the years of stuff that we are running so we will both have ready to bolt on hubs and shafts.

mac 'making it easy' gyvr

Back in the day I only carried 12pt 13mm and kept bearings on all my shafts.

Chetta 'one less socket' cheez

That's actually what I usually did. Harlan was the first time I ran a 30 in a long time and it reminded me why.

I'd love to switch over to having full hubs on shafts for spares. Fact of the matter is, I've had spare shafts for over a year and have yet to rebuild them.

I've been Jeep lazy.

Is pirate not on tapatalk anymore?

When Tapatalk upgraded on my phone on its own a few weeks ago I noticed it was gone. However, since I'm devote my life to this site I haven't had a chance to look into it.

mac 'now I know' gyvr

So the overheating problem started with the New Radiator?

If so, that would lend credence to a number of reports I have been seeing of cheap 3rd party radiators not providing the cooling XJs need.

Fan shrouds are a must have. With the 3 Core, make sure you have poly mounts (Ask me how I know).

Fingers are crossed that you have your OH problem fixed. I think you did it with the Radiator and Shroud.

Ron

In the interest of diplomacy, I'll just say that there was a lot more going on than what I posted in two posts. There wasn't anything wrong with the 1st, 2nd or 3rd radiator, other than the leaking side tank and me ramming a fan clutch into another one.

I put a water pump in it and it fixed itself after I flushed it and serviced it again. I won't really know what was broken and I don't really care at this point. I'm not sure how you ended up with replacing a radiator and shroud fixed it, but thanks.

I'm only on pirate for the towing forum, the competition forum and the forsale forum.

tho since 1999 I Have 500 posts...so I'm not posting much anyways...

mac 'about all I look at' gyvr

In the interest of diplomacy, I'll just say that there was a lot more going on than what I posted in two posts. There wasn't anything wrong with the 1st, 2nd or 3rd radiator, other than the leaking side tank and me ramming a fan clutch into another one.

I put a water pump in it and it fixed itself after I flushed it and serviced it again. I won't really know what was broken and I don't really care at this point. I'm not sure how you ended up with replacing a radiator and shroud fixed it, but thanks.

I have to read his posts when you quote him.

mac ':nono:' gyvr

Re: Re: Important

I'm only on pirate for the towing forum, the competition forum and the forsale forum.

tho since 1999 I Have 500 posts...so I'm not posting much anyways...

mac 'about all I look at' gyvr

I hate the fs forum. You can usually find the part you're looking for, the the dumb asses never pm you back.

Now I get all my parts from Mac and Doc.

is there a truck in town tonight speaking of that?

mac 'let me know' gyvr

Back