• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Ron you may be right....cps tested bad but I didn't think that was right since coil spark was good...only checked 2 plug wires yesterday. Checked a 3rd today and it had weak intermittent spark...parts store here I come

The CPS controls fuel injector triggering... It will have spark but no fuel with a bad CPS.

Back from Attica...

Leaving at 0430 for Indy for a conference this week...

mac 'should be fairly relaxing tho' gyvr

Well weak spark is better...but cylinder 5 and 6 don't seem to be firing. I think I have valve issues. Finally got a hold of a compression tester and cyl 6 is fine cyl 5 has 0. I think I'm going to be pulling a valve cover tonight.

Just picked up a topper for our deluxe sleeping accommodations for winter fest. Now to get it all set up for camping in it for a couple days.
2013-08-04165429_zps15765b2b.jpg

so it appears now i have a 4 cylider jeep that is occasionally a 5 cylinder jeep... :( i'm debating on whether i should find a head for it or if i should just do the motor swap now. the bottom end of my motor has no knock or slap, but it does have 280k on it...so it seems a little silly.

part of me wants to limp it the 130 miles back to the shop...except i don't have triple a. even if it destroys the motor, then i have one to swap when i get there. my biggest problem is that i don't have a truck, and now that i've moved, i don't have any friends with a truck. this may finally be the last straw in retiring my xj from dd duty.

I am really trying to make it. If I can I've been thinking my uncles wall tent with stove will have to come with... I like a warm dry place to sleep...

The Attica Inn spoiled me last year, If I don't have a real camper I will be staying there again.

I dont know if im going to go or not. Id like to, but I dont really want to drive the jeep that far.... Maybe if I have the stroker done and in by then Ill consider it.
If I do end up going Ill most likely sleep in the jeep.

Hmm... 450 each?
http://lansing.craigslist.org/cto/3833942181.html

Last edited:
Why is up til 4 much more fun than getting up at 4...

mac 'rise and shine' gyvr

I am up and sitting in the gym parking lot. Debating on going in because my stomach is pretty sun burnt and that may suck. My workout partner must not be coming either cuz there is no sign off him.

Hmmmmm maybe just a calm walk on the treadmill. I did wake up, got dressed, and drove all the way here.

We used two heaters and me and sean snuggled up in a zero degree sleeping bag and got really drunk. Seemed to work well.

Fixed.
I have to talk the wife into the tent idea.

The Attica Inn spoiled me last year, If I don't have a real camper I will be staying there again.

I like getting drunk to much for this.

I've been spoiled the past few years.

I've never had a problem sleeping in the ho, though.

Kman, you need to buy a pick-up camper.

Nope I need to buy a class C motor home or a fifth wheel and haul doubles.

The pickup truck camper is just not big enough for 4 people.

Fixed.
I have to talk the wife into the tent idea.

I like getting drunk to much for this.

Nope I need to buy a class C motor home or a fifth wheel and haul doubles.

The pickup truck camper is just not big enough for 4 people.

I did sleep between Sean and Justin.

Polar "skiing" Jeep

Back