• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Immigrant boycot

So if the cops pull over a car, and its got illegal immigrants in it, they take them to jail, paperwork ensues and we have them deported right? They dont just let them go do they? Border Patrol shouldn't become a spectator sport.

So why dont they go through these protests and check for citizenship? And when they come across illegal immigrants, send them back. Isn't that how it generally works and is supposed to?

I'm not about to sneak into Canada, wave an American flag, tell them I want rights and actually expect them to: A) Give them to me, and B) Let me stay. Thats just rediculous.

And as far as boycotting Mexican food, I've been doing that for a long time now, spicy food sucks!!!

casm said:
I have no issue with anyone coming here legally and pursuing a better life. Won't argue with that.

Nor will I.

What does anger me is that these immigrants, legal immigrants many of whom ultimately become citizens are better Americans that a vast number of those who were born here. They are often more passionate about their involvement in our political process, their civil responsibilities and wanting to better themselves.

There are a few things missing from the news reports today, items that reaffirm the media’s own agenda as well as it’s willingness to place sensationalism above the facts. Where are the interviews with those who struggled long and hard to come to this nation legally. Where are the reports on the discord and animosity between those who migrated illegally and those who did so legally? Where are the interviews with students whose reason for being at a protest is that it gets them out of class? Why not ask them what they are protesting and then air or print their actual responses, not edited clips. It sells copy to speculate on, or overstate crowd size; play that trusty pity card than it does to show them defacing the American. Reporting the dramatic contrast in attendance between school days and those days students were off for vacation, which would just not be profitable.

:patriot:

zfinger said:
So if the cops pull over a car, and its got illegal immigrants in it, they take them to jail, paperwork ensues and we have them deported right? They dont just let them go do they? Border Patrol shouldn't become a spectator sport.

So why dont they go through these protests and check for citizenship? And when they come across illegal immigrants, send them back. Isn't that how it generally works and is supposed to?

I agree, we need to tap our reserve containers full of dehydrated border agents and reconstitute them for events like this. I've read there are thousands available to handle these things.

Dirt said:
Well said.

Thank you.

Dirt said:
I hope you didn't take my post as a racist comment.

Absolutely not; I was just adding the disclaimer lest anyone thought I was making one myself. FWIW, I agree with you that what's being asked for in these demonstrations is patently not immigration - it's absorption. Which infuriates me no end as I'm not aware of one nation in the world (even 'enemy' countries) that we won't accept immigrants or refugees from, but I'm also not aware of any country other than Mexico that seems to think it should receive preferential treatment for its citizens in that regard.

zfinger said:

Yes, they should be deported - but this should apply to *any* person coming into this country through any port of entry or over any border. As for the Border Patrol, I have a lot of respect for them given the tools, manpower, and level of support from within our own government they have to work with. They're overwhelmed and undermanned, but also over-bureaucratised.

There's another side to this: what happens when we find illegal aliens from countries with less-than-stellar human rights records? Would a container full of illegal Chinese landing in Seattle be deported back to a country that would at least imprison if not possibly execute them for leaving? Should they get a free ride in terms of being allowed to stay here as refugees vice a truckload of Mexicans found in San Diego who are sent back because they won't receive any reprisals from their government for leaving? Unfortunately, there's no good answer to this.

So why dont they go through these protests and check for citizenship? And when they come across illegal immigrants, send them back.

If the LAPD, INS, or other law enforcement body did that in the demonstrations here, Los Angeles would be on fire in five minutes flat (though I can see some upsides to that). Of all the places to enforce the laws... This would be the worst: tensions are already running high enough as it is; there's no need to pour gasoline onto the fire.

Isn't that how it generally works and is supposed to?

Not in California. It's illegal for a police officer to enquire about a suspect's immigration status, and INS raids are usually carried out en masse after a LOT of planning and obtaining of bulletproof warrants.

I'm not about to sneak into Canada, wave an American flag, tell them I want rights and actually expect them to: A) Give them to me, and B) Let me stay. Thats just rediculous.

Agreed. I've lived in several different countries, and each time have had to assimilate to the local culture. This has meant learning the language and following and respecting the local laws and customs even when they seemed, well, foreign to me ;) I'd expect the same of anyone coming here - absolutely be proud of your heritage, but realise that this is America and we do things our own way here.

And as far as boycotting Mexican food, I've been doing that for a long time now, spicy food sucks!!!

Hey... Don't be knocking the spicy food ;) I had a damned good Chicken Vindaloo Saturday night - courtesy, I might add, of Indian immigrants...

Last edited:
If I ran a business and I had people choose to not show up for work because they wanted to protest to give illegals equal rights as Americans, I'd make it well-known that they will be fired if they don't show. I know someone would sue saying that they were fired due their differing political views, so maybe I'd institute a new policy of one strike you're out shortly before, and then repeal it after the firings have taken place... ;)

Just watching CNN, short blurb announced that mexico has legalized drugs and drug consumption. Interesting, before I believed in a fence as a border with adequate manpower, might be a more lethal type of border should be considered.... politicians in san diego were a bit suprised, never heard a mayor use the word 'Stupid' when refereing to the mexican govt before.. at least not on a national medium anyway..

zfinger said:

Immigration and Harris Co. Sheriff picked up a hundred or so in Houston but had to let them go because their computers went down and they couldn't process them. That was not during a protest. That raid was part of a nationwide round-up.

I figured let them protest: they can't vote. Of course, they got friends and relatives who can. But then, so can I. So, lets take it to the polls. Talk to your representives about their chances of getting re-elected.

Last edited:
RichP said:
might be a more lethal type of border should be considered......

I am all for bringing back land mines. Put big 200 yard wide area on the border all the way across. If they are smart enough to make it across put them to work....if not they will make good bird food.

Bent said:

Well, yeah. But you figure fraud in any election. It's background noise. It gets filtered out in the long run. Besides, election fraud isn't the reason they're still here. The reason they are still here, and the reason they will remain despite all the posturing by encumbants is that they are perceived to serve an economic function. But, lets not let this get serious again. I should have put some smilies after my 'voting can make a difference' jibe.

BRIANHO13 said:
Well if yall are married I would assume she is leagal......bang away......
Well the guy said to boycot immigrants. My wife is not even a citizen. I was getting a little worried. ;)

XJ Dreamin' said:
I figured let them protest: they can't vote. Of course, they got friends and relatives who can. But then, so can I. So, lets take it to the polls. Talk to your representives about their chances of getting re-elected.

California tried this in the 90's. Prop 182, cutoff the free ride to undocumented people and there will be nothing left for them here. But wait, lawyers were hired, took it to court and won! Called Prop 182 unconstitutional.

Midnight Krawler said:
California tried this in the 90's. Prop 182, cutoff the free ride to undocumented people and there will be nothing left for them here. But wait, lawyers were hired, took it to court and won! Called Prop 182 unconstitutional.

this is crap. how can it be unconstitutional if their not even citizens in the first place?

rocwrlr said:
this is crap. how can it be unconstitutional if their not even citizens in the first place?

the same way they can grant in state tuition to illegal immigrants, but if you live in AZ legally you have to pay out of state tuition.

go figure that one out.

I have a couple out today. Who cares? I may come down on one for not getting an approval from me for PTO, otherwise it doesn't bother me. We are getting along JUST FINE without them. I don't agree, but this is the "world we live in", gotta deal with it because; I'M NOT TAKING A DAY OFF WORK TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT! Besides, Yo quero Taco Bell!

hmmm.... I wonder if they boycotted our schools, hospitals, welfare and asistance programs, jails, prisons, police. nahh, probably not because they get them free. They'll only boycott the things that come out of their pockets, not ours.

Oh, bravo, this could have been planned on a weekend, but noooo, instead they all need a day off of work to do this. Absolutely brilliant.

edit: if one of our guys skipped today, they'd be kicking rocks right about now.

Back