• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm Proud of this Country

FarmerMatt

NAXJA Forum User
I've made the comment in the past that Obama would not win because of the color of his skin. Tonight I was gladly proven wrong. I don't agree with his politics. I don't agree with many of his views & for that I did not vote for him, but it was not because of his color. This country has come a long way & I'm happy to be alive to witness this historic event. May God bless Mr. Obama & I hope the best for him, his presidency, & for the future of the USA.

Matt

I've made the comment in the past that Obama would not win because of the color of his skin. Tonight I was gladly proven wrong. I don't agree with his politics. I don't agree with many of his views & for that I did not vote for him, but it was not because of his color. This country has come a long way & I'm happy to be alive to witness this historic event. May God bless Mr. Obama & I hope the best for him, his presidency, & for the future of the USA.

Matt
Finally, something in the Election zone that i can agree with.

Well worded...

Matt
:peace::patriot:

I'll agree with that. I did not vote for Obama, but I will agree that this is an election that has made history. I will support him as long as he does not try and circumvent the Constitution of this great country.

I agree with all you said with one added comment,
we're ****** now for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
we're ****** now for sure.

Were you able to "live" through the Clinton years? You'll be OK Rich. Take deep breathes & sing with me....

The sun will come out tomorrow, tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar...

Damn, it might be my bottom dollar... It still doesn't take away from his victory & the historic value of it.

historic it is. ****** we are. i agree with Rich.

"By the powers vested in me, by the honorable William J. Lepetomane, I hear by assume the duties of the office of Sheriff in, and for the township of Rock Ridge."

Hopefully Obama can win over the townsfolk like Sheriff Bart did.

Obama definitely wasn't my choice, definitely NOT cause of the color of his skin.

He inspired enough people to get off their arse and vote. Maybe NOW they can see they can acually do something other than bitchin and complainin'

But I doubt it.

Last edited:
Too bad we are not speaking of Colin Powell:patriot:

"By the powers vested in me, by the honorable William J. Lepetomane, I hear by assume the duties of the office of Sheriff in, and for the township of Rock Ridge."

Hopefully Obama can win over the townsfolk like Sheriff Bart did.

Obama definitely wasn't my choice, definitely NOT cause of the color of his skin.

He inspired enough people to get off their arse and vote. Maybe NOW they can see they can acually do something other than bitchin and complainin'

But I doubt it.

The president's a.... DING!

He's only f*cking half black....

Tonight I was gladly proven wrong. I don't agree with his politics. I don't agree with many of his views but it was not because of his color. This country has come a long way & I'm happy to be alive to witness this historic event.

Even though I knew this was coming I still was in complete awe of this spectacle tonight. I too am more proud of my country then ever before and am only optimistic from here (basically because you cannot get any lower than this current administration).
:us:

Matt

X2 and well said:patriot:

While I do not agree with his policies I am proad to see him elected. For to long America was looked at as still having racial problems. I'm sure there still are problems in some parts of the country but as a whole I think we have taken a huge step.

Too bad we are not speaking of Colin Powell:patriot:

He's dead to me... I once had deep respect for the man and would have followed him to hell and back. That respect is truly lost. I should have known as soon as I saw he restored VOLVOs... :gee:

2010, we need someone like Newt again...:idea:

Back