• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm out of commission for a few

Well I had a slight accident in the garage, I think I got Mitch's curse since I bought his PS pump, anyway I took A HUGE chunk out of my index finger, 'bout an inch long and about the width of the body of a ball point pen.

I could see my bone and everything moving, required 11 stitches to close up.
IMG_0047_200x150.jpg

I was sharpening a drill bit on the bench grinder as I always do, but this one bit back and tore me open. Talk about a gusher, never seen that much blood come out of me, it was kinda cool.

On the other hand I got alittle more work done. Manage to tap a new PS box for the ram assist, It was pretty easy to do and put back together, also found out why the old one crapped. The pressure side fitting on the box was missing the check valve and spring. Got the front end out
front_end_out.gif

started on the long arm stuff then ouch
bloody.gif

STROKER

Last edited:
STROKER said:
The pressure side fitting on the box was missing the check valve and spring.
STROKER

Glad to hear you're ok Ben, don't kill yourself yet, still have to get through June. :D

Ya know, I was kind of wondering what those things were that went bouncing over the trail when Peter opened the PS unit. :laugh3:

STROKER said:
Talk about a gusher, never seen that much blood come out of me, it was kinda cool.

STROKER
thats somthing I would say, anyways glad to see your OK.

Damn Ben...Glad your okay...don't kill yourself off I need to make it back up there sometime:D

Well, at least THIS time you weren't run over!

Maybe the curse you think you've inherited was really there all along!

Just go easy on pointing and shifting for awhile - hope you feel better buddy.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Grizzley said:
Glad to hear you're ok Ben, don't kill yourself yet, still have to get through June. :D

Ya know, I was kind of wondering what those things were that went bouncing over the trail when Peter opened the PS unit. :laugh3:

Be careful Ben, especially working with Pete.

Ohh waaa. :rattle: get yer a$$ back under that MJ!!!! No excuses pal!! What long arms are you running? Glad to hear it was just a finger, you got a few more of them. :)

Thanks all, I appreciate it, I'm just pissed I couldn't finish what I wanted to.

attached is a picture of the finger, squimish beware

finger.gif

Lawn Cher' said:
Be careful Ben, especially working with Pete.
Wasn't workin' with Pete.

Andy in Pa. said:
Ohh waaa. :rattle: get yer a$$ back under that MJ!!!! No excuses pal!! What long arms are you running? Glad to hear it was just a finger, you got a few more of them. :)

Oh boy would I love to, but I think I'll give it some time to heal....I'll be running the rockkrawler tri-link setup.

STROKER

new020.jpg
Ben!!! How are ya gonna drag me into to this :laugh3: but since you did I have to one up you on stitches/staples. :wave:

Can't one up-mitch, but me and ben both got 11 stiches in the finger from working on our crap (soulmates?)....and since it's a picture thread now...I guess I will post mine too. This one's almost 3 years old. Hope yours heals quickly ben...I was back out on my jeep the next day though. :)
170272_104_full.jpg

gearwhine said:
Can't one up-mitch, but me and ben both got 11 stiches in the finger from working on our crap (soulmates?)....and since it's a picture thread now...I guess I will post mine too. This one's almost 3 years old. Hope yours heals quickly ben...I was back out on my jeep the next day though. :)
170272_104_full.jpg

well with nicking the tendon and bone, I'm on an antibiotic now so I kinda dont want to risk anything, like say serious illness or death.....
and besides you still had the skin flap, I didn't, my stitches are closing the hole.

STROKER

Can't one up-mitch, but me and ben both got 11 stiches in the finger from working on our crap (soulmates?)....and since it's a picture thread now...I guess I will post mine too. This one's almost 3 years old. Hope yours heals quickly ben...I was back out on my jeep the next day though.

hahaha...i was laughing so hard when this happened. good thing our dad was there to catch him when he passed out. :roflmao:

Back