• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

illegal immigration

I recently learned that the mexicans dont take so kindly to hondurans and elsalvadorians "doing jobs mexicans wont do".

Wanna guess the prison sentence for being an illegal in mexico ?

It was either 5 or 10 years. 5 years in a mexican prison is = to multiple life sentences in america. I would kill my self at 1st opportunity if i was in a mexican prison.

They dont want to play fair, they want to rob and plunder and pillage our economy. They are basically really well tanned vikings :laugh3:

Last week, my brother, who is a cab driver and owns his cab, was hit by an illegal who ran a stop sign and was speeding. His cab has several thousand dollars in dammage, he is recovering from minot injuries, and will be unable to work for at least 3 to 4 weeks until the car is repaired. He's also out $1500 for the insurance deductible, and his medical costs (he may have a torn rotator cuff and his head is still swollen from hitting it on the window). Self-employed cab drivers get no medical insurance.

The illegal had no license, no green card, no insurance, no registration, the car was borrowed and had expired tags, and the guy has a criminal record. He was speeding and ran a stop sign to cause the collision. But the police refused to arrest him, stating that their hands were tied. They gave him 3 tickets and let him go.

RichP said:
I agree, english should be the default with other languages listed. Oh, my other pet peeve, get rid of the brail buttons on the drive up teller machines too. :D :D

Come on man don't ya read "Ask Bree Three"?

It's because the ATM company makes ATMs for non drive throughs. Just pullin your leg man.

Chris

mlcasey said:
ok so i dont usually reply to post like this but i dissagree with this thread. My family owns a farm and the majority of people that work there are immigrants though some are legal and some bring sketchy paper work but are probably illegal. with out these people we would be out of business so would may other people in the farming, landscaping and lawn maintiance business. My dad employs immigrants not because they are cheap and work hard but because no americans want to do that type of work i did it for a few years in high school and thats when i decieded to become an engineer. also i dont think you would want to pay $20 for a meal at a fast food place like Mcdonalds or TOCO BELL!!! i mean come on who the heck do you think work at these places. end rant

Was this farm in operation before there were illegals to employ?

It's what people don't understand about illegal imigration (and there should be no other name for it!) is that this issue is about more than a few more bodies showing up here.

The points made about stolen SS#s, insurance issues, and taxes are all valid issues. I don't give a crap about an influx of people from another country, heck we've had to put up with all the Californians wanting to come here (LOL!), but I do think it unfair that I have to support a fair share of them until they get on their feet.

It doesn't help that our buddy in the White House tells them that we want more people, or that we're working on amnesty for those that are here; that's unfair to them because it tells them that we will welcome them with open arms when they swim over.

It's like dangling a carrot in one hand and a holding bat in the other :dunce:

.....thus perpetuting the downfall of our country. We the People are mad as hell about this, while our spineless, greedy, elected officials are pandering to their own self-interests.

The same folks who cry foul about our position in Iraq and side with the poor, misunderstood Jihadist are the same ones who support, condone, allow and reward those invading the USA from the South.

Why? This whole free trade thing has evolved into the US trading cheap foreign labor for goods and services for an open door for folks to wander across our border and help themselves to whatever they can.

It's very simple, it's all about MONEY.

kloker said:
Last week, my brother, who is a cab driver and owns his cab, was hit by an illegal who ran a stop sign and was speeding. His cab has several thousand dollars in dammage, he is recovering from minot injuries, and will be unable to work for at least 3 to 4 weeks until the car is repaired. He's also out $1500 for the insurance deductible, and his medical costs (he may have a torn rotator cuff and his head is still swollen from hitting it on the window). Self-employed cab drivers get no medical insurance.

The illegal had no license, no green card, no insurance, no registration, the car was borrowed and had expired tags, and the guy has a criminal record. He was speeding and ran a stop sign to cause the collision. But the police refused to arrest him, stating that their hands were tied. They gave him 3 tickets and let him go.
I'm on public assistance...I work for the Gov't.

Seriously though. I'm a cop and have run into this kind of thing more times than I care to remember. I'll stop a vehicle full of people from "south of the border". Not one of them speeks any english, has a drivers license, unless it's a Mexican license, borrowed car, no insurance, and so on. When I contact the Border Patrol, and INS, they have me give them a phone number to call to schedule an appointment for a hearing, and let them go. Do they really think that there will be a phone call from these people? No. They tell me that they just don't have the man power to come get them.
Then you have the prison system. I've seen numbers, but I can't say how accurate they are, that say 1 in 3 prisoners are illegals. What about the cost of housing them, and the cost to society for the crimes that they commited?
Oh, and I'm way up in New York State, so it's not just a south west type of problem.
Another story. A friend worked with a man who was riding a motorcycle past some fruite farms one day when a pickup truck full of illegals pulled out in front of him. This man sailed through the air until he came down on a large street sign, which proceeded to sever his leg. Where is his justice?!

dzraces said:
I think Iran can use a few burritos :)

Actually, they do Ok without.

On Russian/China boarder people cross pretty much all the time. On the Russian side, they dump their documents and when police finally get them - China won't allow them back, "those are not our people". The result - half of Vladivostok is Chineese.

Andrey

Back