• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Idle Air Control Valve question.

I got it from NAPA. Good thing I looked inside the box otherwise NAPA Assoc. gave me the temp sensor that I already purchased from AutoZone, the Duralast one. Then the Assoc. tells me that's what computer shows while I tell him, it can't be the one because of the diameter. Finally he dug deeper and gave me NAPA part number Echlin TS6685.
I can't get to drilling the hole and tapping it as it seems a little too much for my skills. There is always that first time though.

You might buy another housing and work on it off the jeep, then when you get it setup just swap the housings. They're pretty cheap around $15 IIRC. Just remember the thread is tapered so if you run the tap all the way down it will make the hole too big... just run the tap far enough to get clean threads and you will have plenty of meat for the sender to grab onto

Back