• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ideas for mega front bumper

Colin W. said:
Yes, but if the bumper is solid and doesn't give any, then all of the force of the deer hitting the bumper is transmitted to the frame. With stuff up front that isn't quite so rigid, you get a cushioning effect because as it breaks apart, it dissipates energy, lessening chance of damaging the much harder to fix frame.
Yeah you do get a cushioning effect, but not from the Jeep. The chushioning effect is the deer. The trick it to make the Jeep rigid enought that the force is transfered back into the deer, which most of it does anyways. You ever see a deer tore in half on the highway? Think baseball and a bat. My bumper works great for deer. Hit a deer at 45. Deflected it under and drove over it. Has a stinger/prerunner style bar on the front.

Chero-King said:
Well if your worried about hitting one at night just do one like mine
JeepPhotos002.jpg

If you cant see a deer with that many lights than you shouldnt be driving :D

(I know this post was useless, sorry lol)

how many batteries does it take to power that thing?

FYI
next time you hit a deer call the cops and have consevation come out to do a report
in MO i hit a deer and the conservation dept picked up the bill
now if you swerve and hit a tree your on your own

Back