• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I will be returning soon

BigDog

NAXJA Forum User
Ok got the jeep in the garage now and going to start taking the old motor apart and getting things ready for the new motor to be put in:repair:. So there will be a 4.0 block up for grabs for someone that is looking to do a rebuild or convert.

While I got it in the garage I'm going to take the interior out and get it all replaced seeing how while it has sat for this past year it started molding on the inside. So looks like I'm going to be on the look out for some interior parts, so if any one has anything laying around that they don't need or don't want let me know :helpme:.

Yes I am pumped for this I can't wait to get back out there on the trails with everyone:clap:. I guess this could also be a my return feeler thread for a run when everything gets done. I'm thinking should be done with in a couple months with everything (Ihope).

CJ

Lol feb 09 was a good time for new members lol.

Welcome back to the club. Comming from a guy who's jeep is in da shop I hope to see you on the trail sometime :)

I can't wait to get back out on the trails been to long for sure.

I am parting a 96 4 door. it has gray interior.there's no drive train parts available. It was in a rollover so there might be some damaged stuff.I am not sure on the carpet but I can look in the morning.

Thank you Bronzewyrm I have missed being out there to. Hope I can get a hold of some used 33" before then to (If I get enough back on the taxes)

ceb0217: That would be great let me know what you got when you know. I'm not to sure on what the pocket book is going to look like. Lord knows when you start something like a motor swap you are going to find more and more but that is the life of a XJ right lol.

Oh man I need to do something about my black letters to, dang I'm falling behind on everything here.

CJ

The motor Scott and I JUST put in my jeep for the turkey day run, will be going in cjs jeep.

My jeep's death will bring another jeep life.

The motor Scott and I JUST put in my jeep for the turkey day run, will be going in cjs jeep.

My jeep's death will bring another jeep life.

Yep that's the one that's going in.
This is how we keep the XJ's alive and going.

The old saying is "One mans junk is another mans treasure"

a TON of parts once started in my possession are still around and kicking threw-out the group..

The old saying is "One mans junk is another mans treasure"

a TON of parts once started in my possession are still around and kicking threw-out the group..
I know I love how this works out, we don't need junk yard we have NAXJA

Thats the huge benefit, when you have a bunch of friends that all drive the same car. My jeep has parts from several friends and members on it.

the carpet is really dirty the seats fr are ok except for a couple of small tears in the vinyl the rears are dirty but cleanable. seat belts are starting to grow fuzzy stuff but are cleanable headliner is useable but has some crincles. looks like all the plastic other than the piece above the pass front door is good. every thing is cheep cuse I got it for thr drive train.

ceb0217: That would be great let me know what you got when you know. I'm not to sure on what the pocket book is going to look like.

Who put all these wires under the hood of my jeep?

Now I know why I wasn't looking forward to doing a motor swap on this thing there are way to many wires and god knows what under the hood of these things, I don't even know where to start what to remove or not remove. lol

for a first timer, it is a bit overwhelming. Little busy today man, give me a heads up for a few hours sometime during the week and i'll be over!

Yeah that won't be happening during the week, I have school during the week. This is a weekend project like mine always are. Now how many weekends is it going to take lol not to sure there.

Why would you every have to walk over? Not like the jeep is my only car just my only off road rig.

Ok here is some updates on the rebuild so to speak. I think we got it striped down as far as we need to In fact I don't think it can be striped down and further. All the interior is out for it now, only found one place with a bad rust spot on it. Not to bad for a 22 year old rig and this spot is going to be a easy patch job.
IMG_7147.jpg

So looks like we are going to do rhino liner in back half of the rig and then going to pick up some new carpet for the front half. Think going to go with black.
IMG_9219.jpg

IMG_5182.jpg

IMG_3970.jpg

Got the motor striped down to just the block now, everything is off of it heads and all. Just have to get a picker over here and get the block out get things cleaned up in there and drop the next motor in and we will be on our way back to the trails.

Give up some more updates when there are some to give.

CJ

So today got the motor pulled and picked some new wheels and tires for it, well they are new to me anyways so there will be some 33" on it now
today001-1.jpg

today002-1.jpg

Oh yeah and got one of these little things today to
today003-1.jpg

Back