• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I want more articulation without more lift

XJ98Jeep said:
Well, now my Hi-lift doesn't work. That was the only way i had to test the articulation, so no dice just yet. The lever is locked in place, but when I raise and lower the handle, the foot goes up maybe 1/2 inch, then comes back down to where it was.

get a can of pbblaster and spray the living crap out of the springs, pins and basically the whole assembly on the hi-lift and it'll work again.

but seriously though. DO NOT try to use the jack to flex your jeep. i'm sure there is something else you can use. old tires, concrete blocks. drive behind some local stores and use the loading ramps if they're not blocked by anything, or even drive up on your wifes car. but don't hurt yourself with the hi-lift. i've seen it happen to often.

I alrady PB blaster-ed it, no dice... And thank you for the warning, I was planning on using the Hi-lift to get it up, then supporting it with jack stands and big wooden blocks. I legitimately can't think of anything else to test it with, I don't think my dad would be alright with me driving up on his Audi, non of the stores near me use loading ramps. We have a retaining wall, but there are trees right behind it and I have no bumper right now, so I'm fairly worried about body damage. I also tried duct taping big wooden blocks together, but they shift and roll around, so I'm worried about indavertantly hitting something expensive.

Find a ditch or something. You've got 4x4, use it.

m101_0487.jpg

go to your wheeling spot. if you need the added articulation, you must have some place to "articulate"

XJ98Jeep said:
I alrady PB blaster-ed it, no dice... And thank you for the warning, I was planning on using the Hi-lift to get it up, then supporting it with jack stands and big wooden blocks. I legitimately can't think of anything else to test it with, I don't think my dad would be alright with me driving up on his Audi, non of the stores near me use loading ramps. We have a retaining wall, but there are trees right behind it and I have no bumper right now, so I'm fairly worried about body damage. I also tried duct taping big wooden blocks together, but they shift and roll around, so I'm worried about indavertantly hitting something expensive.
PB Blaster can take a while to penetrate completely. Hit it a few times over a couple of days and you should get them out nicely...

or his wheeling spot is so far away that he wants to make sure it actually works BEFORE he gets there. kinda like me. closest wheeling is 3-4hours away. but then again i have my wifes jeep, junk cars and a shop hoist that i can use to flex my jeep.

he might not be so lucky. but i'm sure with some patient creative thinking, you'll find some place to flex. oh and if you're not sure, it's better to politely ask the property owner than to try and sneak around there during the dark or something.

Yep, my wheeling spots are a good 1-3 hours, depending on where I go. it may take me a few days, but I'm sure I'll think of something. In the meantime, thanks for the help/warnings/ideas guys.

ktm racer 419 said:
HAHAHAAH, I can't imagine what people say when they see that thing pulling up to deliver their pizzas. Very nice. Surprised no one else saw that earlier.

Don't worry man, I've actually had to do the same thing before.

Begster said:
HAHAHAAH, I can't imagine what people say when they see that thing pulling up to deliver their pizzas. quote]

I was thinking the same thing........What I am also wondering is, are you pulled over on a daily basis by RI's finest?(da cops) And.....where the fawk do you wheel that pig around these here parts? (legally, of course).............

Begster said:
HAHAHAAH, I can't imagine what people say when they see that thing pulling up to deliver their pizzas. Very nice. Surprised no one else saw that earlier.

Don't worry man, I've actually had to do the same thing before.
I betchanickle nobody gets free pizza when the weather turns bad.

Back