• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I think it's time for a Wrenchfest!

1) PacificEd
2) Cottontail - Dirk
3) Alexia
4) Bosco
5) High2by

If I can get the subaru into the tuner before then I may come down!

Do it!

Last edited:

Its getting lifted XJ mileage currently! The o2 sensor has no idea what it's doing with all the extra air being shoved out of the turbo!

If no one has any objections, it would be nice to pull the engine/trans/transfer out as a solid unit from the 2001. That way the motor is out for a future project and it makes it a bit easier to split on the ground.

If anyone want to do a silly little project to their Jeep, I'm bringing an extra hatch strut that can be used on a hood to replace the prop rod. I did it on mine and it is a pretty nice upgrade.

If anyone want to do a silly little project to their Jeep, I'm bringing an extra hatch strut that can be used on a hood to replace the prop rod. I did it on mine and it is a pretty nice upgrade.

I'm game...

If no one has any objections, it would be nice to pull the engine/trans/transfer out as a solid unit from the 2001. That way the motor is out for a future project and it makes it a bit easier to split on the ground.

None on my side. Let's do it!

I am planning on getting to Ed's around 7:30

I'm planning to leave my house at 5.

I've gotten almost everything done I wanted to before Saturday other than removing the passenger side nut strip. There are two studs that hold the exhaust hanger on that are completely rusted. Since I can't get those to budge, I'm can't remove the nut strip. I'll worry about that on Saturday. I also just re-did my silicon gasket on my 8.8 because it was leaking ridiculously. I haven't put oil back in it yet so please... remind me to fill it back up before we head out Saturday! LOL.

What about food???

We can't work all day without eating something. Let's everybody bring something for lunch or brunch or dinner, whatever you want to call it.

1. High2by - Chili, Fritos, shredded cheese

What about food???

We can't work all day without eating something. Let's everybody bring something for lunch or brunch or dinner, whatever you want to call it.

2. Breakfast in the form of McDonalds. Sausage mcmuffins and biscuits.

2. Bosco01xj - McDonald's sausage McMuffins and biscuits
3. PacificEd - Hot dogs and buns (chili dogs)

2. Bosco01xj - McDonald's sausage McMuffins and biscuits
3. PacificEd - Hot dogs and buns (chili dogs)
4. Cottontail - Diet Coke and Dr. Pepper (will that be sufficient?)

Ed, do you have an old coffee maker, or a large coffee urn for hot water? If so I can bring some hot cocoa mix. We may need something warm, especially early in the morning and late into the afternoon.

Hold up, the donor is the 2001 and the new jeep is 97 ?

and you want to swap the 01 motor, trans, tcase into the 97 body ?

I'm out fellas, Subaru needs more tuning before she's ready for a long trip.

Does it matter???? Come over and join in the fun!!! You know you want to.....

Bingo. You make it sound through these written words like its blasphemy. First I don't think you know the entire story line here. Second I don't think you read the entire thread. The 01 motor is NOT going into the 97. Even if it did so what?

Last edited:
Back