• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I think it's time for a Wrenchfest!

First of all im trying to help you out, and secondly it was not very clear so I asked. Yes it does matter, and yes I've been there, done this so im just trying to give you a heads up.

I didn't mean "does it matter" about the swap actually, I just wanted you come down and join in the fun. Be good to see you again.

I have a couple things we can do to mine and since this is a Jeep wrenchfest, there will be other stuff to do I'm sure.:D

Last edited:
I have a 21 spline 231 in a parts Jeep that would work. Take the front half of it and the back half of the 01 and put them together. Just wanted to throw that out there...

I have a 21 spline 231 in a parts Jeep that would work. Take the front half of it and the back half of the 01 and put them together. Just wanted to throw that out there...

Lets go with that plan right now Mark.

The 231 is still installed on a parts XJ in the back lot. We will need to sent a team out back to yank it.

The 231 is still installed on a parts XJ in the back lot. We will need to sent a team out back to yank it.

No problem. Is there enough room to grab it or does it need to be jacked up?

No problem. Is there enough room to grab it or does it need to be jacked up?

It's sorta in the air. There is probably enough room to get under and get it out. We can adjust if necessary. We will need to tromp down the weeds though..lol!

I went and looked under the '87 Cherokee and we may have to block it up a bit more to gain room to work. The crossmember can be unbolted allowing everything to drop down in the rear. It should be pretty straightforward from there. A lot of the shifter linkage was removed when we needed parts for Rusty's build. There are no driveshafts attached either. We can sawzall the exhaust. I do have some blades for that now.

Nice! I'm looking forward to Saturday! I've go Annie ready to head over for tear down and Fiona ready for buildup! Lol.

Quick recap -

I am going to bring:

• my "junkyard tool box" with some assorted small hand tools
  • a set of fender flares for Ed
  • a hood strut kid for Mark
  • drinks for everyone
  • either Annie or Fiona (Not sure I want to drive Annie all the way to Ed's with no doors, but maybe 30 minutes of seat time!!!)
Unless someone speaks up and tells me we need them, I am going to leave at home:

• my jack stands
  • my floor jack
  • my pneumatic tools
Lastly - if anyone needs an adjustable track bar (Rough Country) I have one that I will be putting on the SEC For Sale boards in a week or so. AND, I have all the SEC swag at my house. Anyone needs a shirt or hoodie, let me know and I can bring it with me.

Quick recap -

I am going to bring:

• my "junkyard tool box" with some assorted small hand tools
  • a set of fender flares for Ed
  • a hood strut kid for Mark
  • drinks for everyone
  • either Annie or Fiona (Not sure I want to drive Annie all the way to Ed's with no doors, but maybe 30 minutes of seat time!!!)
Unless someone speaks up and tells me we need them, I am going to leave at home:

• my jack stands
  • my floor jack
  • my pneumatic tools
Lastly - if anyone needs an adjustable track bar (Rough Country) I have one that I will be putting on the SEC For Sale boards in a week or so. AND, I have all the SEC swag at my house. Anyone needs a shirt or hoodie, let me know and I can bring it with me.

Are the jackstands the larger size? I ask because I only have two that can fit the frame.

Ed, Is there a parts store close to you just in case we need to make a trip for anything that may be forgotten or needed such as bolts/fluids?

There is a Autozone, and O'Reilly's 15 minutes away.

Are the jackstands the larger size? I ask because I only have two that can fit the frame.

Ed, Is there a parts store close to you just in case we need to make a trip for anything that may be forgotten or needed such as bolts/fluids?

I'll throw in my two large jack stands and I'll bring my box of random Jeep bolts!!

I have 6 stands too including 2 large ones.

1. High2by - Chili, Fritos, shredded cheese
2. Bosco01xj - McDonald's sausage McMuffins and biscuits
3. PacificEd - Hot dogs and buns (chili dogs)
4. Cottontail - Diet Coke and Dr. Pepper (will that be sufficient?)

Ed, do you have an old coffee maker, or a large coffee urn for hot water? If so I can bring some hot cocoa mix. We may need something warm, especially early in the morning and late into the afternoon.

Is anyone bringing bowls, plates, spoons or cups?

We have a Keurig for a coffee maker.

Anyone have a tap and dye set? We'll have to drill and tap the frame for the iro crossmember.

Anyone have a tap and dye set? We'll have to drill and tap the frame for the iro crossmember.

I've got a cheesy one. It's worked pretty good for the few projects I've used them on.

I've got a cheesy one. It's worked pretty good for the few projects I've used them on.

As long as it will tap holes it should be good!

Back