• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I searched...I swear(powertrax install)

I think my bill was around $100 because I had to get a new synchro ring as well....

First thing, you'll mess up the springs if you push the cross shaft in straight. The directions say to twist it as you push.

Did you do the check block test? Step 31. If it doesn't fit, it's not put together correctly.

Did you do the tire spin test as instructed in steps 40-44? You need a helper for this. Turn one tire forward and hold it tight. Then the other person shouyld be able to break the other tire loose going in the opposite direction. Perform this step on both tires, going forward and backward.

Weird, I thought the directions were very clear and well-written. I have No-Slips front and rear. And I had never opened a diff up in my life.

Thanks for the post install advice, but everthing checked out...the cross shaft went in, it just stopped 3/4 of the way in...the check block test passed.

Anyway...Brianho13, do you have the part number you used for the syncro, I just noticed this...
8yz8s2.jpg

Not sure if it was pre-install, or post install. The No-slip was used.

alright hotwired.

first things first. just in case: call randysringandpinion and order a new spring kit. their about 13 bucks. better yet order 3 kits and prepare to replace them every once in a while. the guys here will tell you what a decent milage replace rate for the springs is.

as well save your spider gears and pack em for trail fix spares. just incase the locker breaks before you can buy standby replacement locker parts.

www.summitracing.com has all the replacement parts for your locker. but they only order them when you order..so call and place an order for replacement parts (mental note. when you replace a part buy the part that has the opening for the c-clip as they it will work for both sides of the locker. (multi purpose/per the richmond guys)

finally.. i have my 29 spline no slip sitting here in the box. pulled it out and compared your pic to mine. your pic is kinda fuzzy so i cant tell if thats a broken tooth your pointing at or the assembly spaces that i see on mine which are already in there. mine has two of those spaces and it worked fine till i failed to replace the worn spring kit. it then locked up the drivers side and totally unlocked the passenger side and proceeded to wear down the coupler teeth on the passenger coupler, which are nice and round now)

so since its a used unit..by a couple new spring kits and try again.

hope that helps.

Grifter

heres a pic i took of mine..hope it helps
DSC_3539.jpg

RLTW,
Grifter

Grifter144 said:
heres a pic i took of mine..hope it helps
DSC_3539.jpg

RLTW,
Grifter

Great pic, looks like his is missing an entire tooth. His has the real small teeth but is missing a big one, count them.

he is missing an entire tooth. his syncro is also out of line. not sure if that's a product of it being used when not assembled correctly or not though. i heard of one other instance of the exact same thing, except the guy installing it noticed it before he put it in. he took it out of the box and it had a tooth broken off and it looked used. where yours has been used already i don't see any luck in a warranty replacement.

Back