• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I really sold out this time

Maybe, I finally found a happy median at 30lbs. Cold mornings was when they sucked, in the afternoon when it was warm they rode nice.

Either way, I broke even on them and was able to get you on some real tires. So you should be grateful for my "JK pansiness"

Maybe, I finally found a happy median at 30lbs. Cold mornings was when they sucked, in the afternoon when it was warm they rode nice.

Either way, I broke even on them and was able to get you on some real tires. So you should be grateful for my "JK pansiness"

trust me i am lol

Thanks

The D30 4.88 gear is even smaller from what I remember. They both only have 8 teeth on the pinion.

Holy hell these tires are super smooth and quiet. The 5.38's are fan fraking tastic too, they really let this thing drive like a real car.

I just put the same tires on my Cummins but in a 305/55/20 flavor....and I agree, they are some smooth well balanced tires. Very impressed so far!

You still need a trailer, Kevin... That was a statement, not a question. :D

Daylight shot of it, I has to remove the rear flares because the 37's rub when wheeling. I'll have to figure something out, I don't want to cut up the flares because I'd like to sell them and get some aluminum ones, but those are pretty pricey. For now I'll just pop them off when I go wheeling and put them back on after I get home.

I ran up Spring Creek and then Kingston Peak over the weekend. I have to say that so far I am very happy with these Nitto Trail Grapplers. They are very smooth and quiet on the road. Aired down to 11-12psi they have excellent traction on dry rocks. I haven't been able to test them in wet or snow yet on the trail. I have driven on the road in pretty heavy rain and they did great. No hydro planing or loss of grip at all.

The 5.38's are great off road and for the most part on it. The only issue I have is that the jeep is now slower going up I-70 because it still won't hold 3rd gear and now in second it's revving out at much lower speeds. I have to slow down to 45mph to keep it under 4000rpm. Pretty annoying on such a modern and expensive Jeep that the powertrain is so useless. Unfortunately I had to sell the Hemi to pay back the credit card company after all the recent mods so now I'm just going to have to deal with it. I might try super charging it later but the reviews are so mixed I'm not sure if I want to spend the money. I might also go down to 4.88's and go back to driving it like a 3spd auto. For now I'm just going to deal with it as other than pulling up I-70 it drives very well.

What happens at 4000 RPM?

No, redline is 5500rpm so its got room to spare. I have no problem holding 3000-3500rpm all day, but I don't like going above 4000. Its my own misgivings about holding an engine that close to redline. This isn't a high performance race engine, its a left over 80's remnant designed for cars and minivans.

I would do fi before I rehear again.

I agree, although gearing is cheap for me to do as I'm the one doing it. Also, it seems like every person doing a V8 swap had a super charger first and were never happy with the drivability. I'm also wary of putting any more HP through the 42RLE as its a FWD car transmission and already has issues holding up in the JK.

I ran up Spring Creek and then Kingston Peak over the weekend. I have to say that so far I am very happy with these Nitto Trail Grapplers. They are very smooth and quiet on the road. Aired down to 11-12psi they have excellent traction on dry rocks. I haven't been able to test them in wet or snow yet on the trail. I have driven on the road in pretty heavy rain and they did great. No hydro planing or loss of grip at all.

The 5.38's are great off road and for the most part on it. The only issue I have is that the jeep is now slower going up I-70 because it still won't hold 3rd gear and now in second it's revving out at much lower speeds. I have to slow down to 45mph to keep it under 4000rpm. Pretty annoying on such a modern and expensive Jeep that the powertrain is so useless. Unfortunately I had to sell the Hemi to pay back the credit card company after all the recent mods so now I'm just going to have to deal with it. I might try super charging it later but the reviews are so mixed I'm not sure if I want to spend the money. I might also go down to 4.88's and go back to driving it like a 3spd auto. For now I'm just going to deal with it as other than pulling up I-70 it drives very well.
Man, that sucks to hear. I thought 5:38s would've been a good choice, especially for the 37s.

I was around 4k RPMs climbing the Eisenhour tunnel. About 50ish MPH.

I agree, although gearing is cheap for me to do as I'm the one doing it. Also, it seems like every person doing a V8 swap had a super charger first and were never happy with the drivability. I'm also wary of putting any more HP through the 42RLE as its a FWD car transmission and already has issues holding up in the JK.

Shut up dutch

Man, that sucks to hear. I thought 5:38s would've been a good choice, especially for the 37s.

I was around 4k RPMs climbing the Eisenhour tunnel. About 50ish MPH.

Honestly, minus driving up I-70 it does drive pretty damn good for a gutless pig. On HWY-119 through Nederland and along HWY-93 to Golden where the speed limits are lower you can easily pull the hills and stay under 4000rpm.

With the 35's and 4.10's I could do 60+ in 2nd gear under 4000rpm.

Back