• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I really sold out this time

Here is a side shot of the Jeep with its current stance. The rotopax cans are full too so there is 4 gal each of fuel and water hanging off the pack.

I got my CB wired up and installed, CB Shop up by Johnson's Corner is great. After I got it installed I went back up there and they tuned the antennae for me. That hi-lift jack makes it fluctuate a lot as the antennae moves so I added the little foam ball to keep it from getting too close to the hi-lift. One of the Little Green Men from Toy Story hopped on board too, he said he'll be my spotter. :D

I hung the little Midway CB from the center support on my cage.

Wound up getting a pretty damn good deal on some nearly new 37" Maxxis Creepies and had to jump on it. Luckily I already had a buyer lined up for my KM2's. I also have my new USA Alloy ball joints and a set of 5.38 gears on the way. Here shortly I'll be pulling the axles and doing the gears, plus finally welding on the Artec axle trusses and inner C gussets that have been sitting in my garage for months now.

Working on the Jeep again. I'm finally regearing my axles and welding on the Artec trusses. I'm also swapping my ball joints out for Alloy USA ones and welding on Artec inner C gussets. All I'll need now is upgraded shafts and my D44's will be uber strong and fully bomb resistant.

For gears I'm going to 5.38's, makes for a small pinion but should give me a smidge extra power to make up for the 37's. Speaking of, the Creepies are gone. I made a deal with a guy to buy my Creepies and give me a set of 17's. I wanted the 17's so I can upgrade brakes later on, and I wanted a different tire because the Creepies are the worst tire I've ever had on the street. So the deal was made and I picked up a set of brand new Nitto Trail Grapplers. I haven't been able to drive on them yet but just looking at the weight needed to balance them I'm already sure they'll be a lot better. 1 tire only took 2oz to balance, the worst tire only took 6oz to balance. The other 3 all took about 4oz.

One last look at the Jeep with its Creepies and soft top, I'll be putting the hard top back on too after this weekend.

What is it about Jeeps that require constant disassembly?

The new wheels and tires

Welding the truss onto the rear axle. I'm using a MAPP gas torch to pre and post heat the housing.

And because I think its funny, here is what it looked like just over a year ago.

Should be some rad upgrades. Make a good difference. I'm curious what you think of Those nittos. Was Considering them for the T

I was too, but decided with my road to off-road ratio at like 95/5, the terra grapplers made more sense for me. They are quiet and smooth. Looking good dutch!

Welded on the Artec track bar mount, and after the gears were done I decided to tackle more projects. I raised the shock mount an inch and half, cut 1.25" off the bottom of the control arm mount, and then plated the bottom.

Rear axle all painted and ready to go back in

Difference between the 4.10 and the 5.38 front pinion gears.

Starting on the front truss.

Front axle finished and painted. Unfortunately I didn't get the axle seals in my setup kit and can't get any today. I'll have to finish it up tomorrow night.

Using RuffStuff's kit to beef up the front uppers and make them adjustable.

sorry Dutch but im thinkin your turning into one of those JK pansies !! I drove those creepys at 10lbs from divide to the house thinkin huh not bad for 10lbs lol I love them lol

Back