• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need upper ca bushings

I suffered through urethane bushings for about five years, replacing everything else trying to get rid of what it turns out they were causing. They cause the car to handle great, but just don't hit a bump. I had the set of install 'em yourself bushings from Daystar, and at first, yeah, they were better than what they replaced. But, as they settled in, the fun began. I even had a sales rep from Daystar scratching his head. Ultimately, I installed the real replacements from Quadratec, and all is well. I've also played with a Kevinsoffroad trackbar, but what I've found is that any bushing you can install yourself will not behave on a street driven vehicle. Right now my '92 has RE control arms, which, although expensive, offer a good compromise between handling and control, as when you hit a frost heave or a diagonal expansion joint on the Interstate. The only 'problem' is hitting a big bump, as the 'rotating' articulation bushing on the frame end doesn't have enough stiction, letting the control arm rotate too much before the shock catches the action. All this being said, I would recommend the stock type control arms to start, get the front end to where you are happy with it, and experiment from there.

Back