• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need help re-centering my front axle.

I would just put the adjustable track bar on there and forget about it. You have a lift, so you ought to have one anyway.

I never thought of using the control arm bushings as a support point. I usually go for the axle tubes/knuckle area.

Last edited:
I'm going to feel really dumb is it's something simple I overlooked.
I'd just go with an adjustable bar and not worry about it as well. I work at a shop and we do some lift kits and specialize in axles. While we wouldn't charge much, if anything, to look at it, I feel anything a shop would charge would be wasted as an adjustable bar is really the only reasonable fix. If the subframe is tweaked a bit it is likely not worth the trouble to fix that unless it's structural and needed anyway, in which case you could probably tell something's way off.

Ok well leaving it at the shop was a waste of time. All I got was "you need an adjustable trackbar".

So I guess I'll chalk this up to a mystery of the universe. I'll just order the TB and not worry about the cause.

Yeah, the Moog I put on was slightly longer than stock. I installed an autozone brand that was shorter than Moog, with no appreciable change.

Yeah, tell me about it. I had it up on jackstands for a while, and I crawled around it and saw nothing obviously amiss. No obvious signs of frame damage or bent rails. I have a link to a bunch of pics somewhere else in this thread.

JKS makes one for 1-3". I've put about 35,000 miles on mine so far and its been problem free. Uses the same axle side bushing as the MOOG. You do have to drill out the frame side mount just barely to 9/16". Wear gloves and be careful because you're removing so little metal the drill will likely catch, but then you're done. :D

Back