• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I Beamed Jeep build pic's

True in most applications but in the upper three link most of the load will be put side to side and would be trying to pull the ball out of the heim plus the hiem has more than enough articulation for my 27 in of travel.

Ditto on this comment. Better for the load and those big heims have a ton of movement, easily enough for long travel.

Still reading this........nice stuff.

Well I'm happy I decided to join this forum I'v been on Dezertrangers for a while and would never put a build thread up on that site they would tell me off about my jeep. Thanks for all the positive comments As I get it all put together I'll keep throwing more pic's up...

According to Pistola (Pistol Pete) we're just a bunch of (unsophisticated) rock donkeys. We don't need a 100k+ professional race fab shop build to be impressed. :D

It's nice to see ideas and engineering, as well as top notch fab ability.

BTW, do you have any pics of the front 3 link you took out? With a live axle in our rigs we have to keep the 3 link, and I'm always looking for steering ideas. I just can't get myself to switch to full hydro.

so freaking hot...uhhhh mmmmmmm....I am thinkng of all the jumping sechs I could do in that..... Mmmmmmmmmm

Last edited:
Goatman I so wish I would have took some picture's of that three link you know what they say with out pics it never happened. lol What I did for the steering was turned the pit-man arm on the box so it would swing front and back instead of side to side then I made a swinger where the links mounted to the frame and sent a tube from he pit man arm to the swinger then another tube back to a pivot on the axle that turned a straight tube side to side it was a lot of stuff going on but like you I didn't want to go hydro. I did loose some up travel also because of the size of the pivot on the axle it would hit the oil pan but that may not be an issue for you I run pretty small tire's.

Great idea. I saw a similar setup at KOH on the Blue Torch Fab buggy. Evidently, Rob MacCrachen didn't like the full hydro steering and helped them design another setup. They did the same as you, but mounted the steering box under the floor beneath the drivers feet, then a link going forward next to the upper arm.

Yeah moving the steering box is the best way I seen a nice mj with that set up. The old chevy leaf sprung 4x4's had the pivot built right into the knuckle's same with some box trucks and semi's

photo.php
24773_1396225153792_1477120078_1019232_4687966_n.jpg

24773_1396225433799_1477120078_1019233_6480142_n.jpg

Thanks Grim. Yep just putting it all together now that I finally figured out the drive shaft. BTW those seats are 1450 championship seats lol. If you haven't noticed most of my big money items are used.

Yeah it was a 3 lap race I ran very strong with no problems besides having to start it with a screw driver and the alternator possibly not working. lol So doe's anyone know why my jeep won't start with the key I switched it from automatic to manual??? Am I missing the clutch safety switch?

yep Neutral Safety Switch. you need to find the plug that went to the NSS and jump two of the wires in it, I do it all the time when peoples switches go bad lol. your reverse lights won't work anymore now that you swapped the trans BTW. the NSS turns them on.

if you PM me I can tell you which wires to jump, its easy to do.

Back