• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hydraulic rams for onboard jacks?

yeah... I was simply noting that if you haven't figured out how to use a hi-lift, in-depth fab and a custom hydraulic jack setup are probably not things you should be attempting at this point. That's all.

Figured the two quotes would make my opinion clear enough.

OP I am not trying to categorize you, I am sorry if it come off that way. I don't know you or your skills and experience. I am just playing it safe. If you know what you are doing, then by all means build it.

I actually have tossed around similar ideas for a different style of vehicle, but it seems borderline useless for a trail rig.

If I were you I would use pneumatic rams, OBA is easier, cleaner, and smaller than a hydro pump, tank, etc. Plumbing would be easier aswell. Not to mention the cleanup you would encounter in hydraulic system failure.

ah yes the clean up... i work for a county weed and pest we have a truck that sprays the sides of the roads it has a hydraulic system to operate the boom and a tower for lifting the hose over the deliniators. i love it it makes my job so much easier when trying to go over the 14 foot deliniators on south pass wyoming. the other day when spraying weeds we blew a line... what a mess. got it fixed, only to have the other one fail the next day... with another mess

why not save the time and effort and buy one of those huge air bag type jacks?

Much lighter, and easier to use?

Don't know if this would be any help, or even I'm in the same subject as all of the previous commotion, but heres what I had on my jeep a while back. It didn't work well for crawling, and heavy offroading, but it was fun.

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg
jpg[/IMG]
IMG_1535.jpg

IMG_1536-1.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

The more ridiculous crap someone has (adjustable height air ride, hydraulic rams to get unstuck from logs, air lockers), the harder I am going to try to get ahead of them in line, because they will become a trail feminine hygiene product.

The more ridiculous crap someone has (..., air lockers), the harder I am going to try to get ahead of them in line, because they will become a trail feminine hygiene product.

Your response to a year and a half old thread is "ridiculous crap".

Silly people and their ridiculous air lockers.

:rolleyes:

Geez,this thread just wont die.Mods please put it to rest.It was a pipe dream to add hydro rams to my jeep,have since ditched the idea.

In favor of a hydro crane attachment to pull myself outta the mud!!!

Remember if you have thought of it, I am sure some idiot has done it already!!

This photo was shot back in 2003 at Holster Hills OHV Park:

landcruisers.jpg

Oh wow......is that an outrigger?
We should rename this thread "retarded off road ideas"
I bet the sharks over at pirate.com would have a feeding frenzy over that pic of the outriggers...now if he put wheels on his outriggers he could flip his cruiser on its side and drive it down the trail..

Last edited:
Back