• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hunting vs. Wheelin

zfinger

NAXJA Forum User
So as of Saturday hunting season starts in Maine. This is good and all, but I'm wounding what to do about going out on the trails. I dont want to be out on the trails pissing off the hunters and chasing out the deer. In Maine you cant hunt on Sunday so I guess thats when I'll be going.

I was woundering what your thoughts are on this. A guy at work said "You have as much right to be there as they do" which I think is true, but I'm not that kind of guy. I figure avoid confrontation and make life easier by just going out on Sundays and not Saturdays. How do you feel about the situation, I figure most of you guys hunt (I dont).

Our club trys to stay clear of hunting area when things are in season.

Some counties don't allow hunting on Sundays. If a trail is in that area the club will run the trail on the Sunday.

So, you aren't that far off in left field being considerate of other people.

:)

zfinger said:
. I figure avoid confrontation and make life easier by just going out on Sundays and not Saturdays.

That's pretty smart considering they have guns. :D

I shot one last year because someone was driving around and jumped one to me......probably wouldn't mind if someone drove around in late season.....will probably get something moving.

But in all seriousness I definitely appreciate it.....hunting season is only a couple weeks out of the year and you can still run on sundays. I love to wheel, but probably love to hunt even more.

Just because it is raining doesn't mean there isn't hunting going on... Some of the best hunting occurs in the rain. Lots of noise/water to mask noise and scent.

Root Moose said:
Just because it is raining doesn't mean there isn't hunting going on... Some of the best hunting occurs in the rain. Lots of noise/water to mask noise and scent.
Must you rain on my parade!?!? Well I still have Sundays...

Root Moose said:

I completely agree a little never rain stops me from hunting or wheelin.

Just like it was mentioned above, rifle hunting is only a few weeks out of the year wheel anytime that it isn't rifle season. Screw the bow hunters, they are only out there every night and every weekend from Sept through Dec. They aren't real hunters anyway:laugh3: . Also sucks to be a hunter in maine, why would they close hunting on sunday's sound like a lame a$$ blue law.

Root Moose said:

X2

or in the snow.......get out there in the morning after in snowed the night before.......there is nothing better

I gotta admit bowhunter get some serious props from me if you are hunting with a old re-curve or a compound.....but crossbows on the other hand....

againstherwill said:
Just like it was mentioned above, rifle hunting is only a few weeks out of the year wheel anytime that it isn't rifle season. Screw the bow hunters, they are only out there every night and every weekend from Sept through Dec. They aren't real hunters anyway:laugh3: . Also sucks to be a hunter in maine, why would they close hunting on sunday's sound like a lame a$$ blue law.

blue law??? as in liberal?

Actually is is a real conservative bible beater law, we have it here in VA as well. Dumbest thing ever, tell me when I can and cant hunt b/c I am supposed to be in church?!?! BS

Never heard of a blue law? Are you joking? Please say yes. Blue laws are the common terminology used for laws regulating activities on Sundays and almost every state in the union has them some more severe as we see in your case then others. Most date back to the 19th century ( if you said no then the 19th century means the 1800's) and were put in place at a time in our country's history when the majority believed that morality should be legislated (mistake then as now).

Seriously never heard of a blue law and you live in VA.

Back