• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hungry Valley

Luntz

NAXJA Member #1186
I had to leave my beloved '00 XJ precariously hanging on an edge today.
The place was desserted, not a single jeep or other suitable vehicle to be asked for assistance. The ranger gave me and my son (who was driving at the time) a lift to the Sizzler's at Gorman. Then the dreaded phone call to the wife to come and pick me up. Anybody plan on going up there tomorrow?
It would be greatly appriciated.

I don't know where this is but can a stock XJ with 30" BFG's be any assistance? I don't have much planned (being unemployed,haha). IS there any snow near where you are?

A stocker will do fine. Hungry Valley is a 20,000 acre OHV park up the 5 freeway. Its about 1/2 an hour past Magic Mountain. Agreat place to play for the day. It would be great if you could help out.

call me at 11 tomorrow. I should be able to get up there and give a hand. I am sure there will be others, but I can help if there is no one else.

805 732 6554

Aaron

I offered as well but you are much closer than me. I have his number, I will keep in contact to see what happens. Are you sure you can help after 11am tomorrow?

Luntz said:
I had to leave my beloved '00 XJ precariously hanging on an edge today.
The place was desserted, not a single jeep or other suitable vehicle to be asked for assistance.

Hehehe. Never heard of such a thing.

:D

Really, though,I hope you get your rig back safe and sound. There is no better bunch on the planet to ask for help.

I know these things.:shhh:

I'd like to get 'er back today if at all possible, with holiday parties etc this weekend. But if all else fails, Sat would be cool.

its about a mile past the 4-wheel training area in the center of the park, off the Couger trail in a box canyon called "the quarry". Not a bad place to get to, an ice covered creek nearby. Do you know about the southern entrance? Not well publicised, you take the Lake Piru exit, and you save having to go all the way to Gorman, cuts about 20 min off to the center of the park.

Luntz said:
its about a mile past the 4-wheel training area in the center of the park, off the Couger trail in a box canyon called "the quarry". Not a bad place to get to, an ice covered creek nearby. Do you know about the southern entrance? Not well publicised, you take the Lake Piru exit, and you save having to go all the way to Gorman, cuts about 20 min off to the center of the park.

you mean Smokey bear exit? right

Yeah, the Smokey Bear exit is also where the motocross track is. If you turn left at the "Y", it will take you to I-5 MX and if you go left; it'll take you to the OHV area.

Have you taken care of this yet? I drove the jeep in to work today and could possibly take off to run up there, I'm in Burbank .. but I'd need to go in the next half hour if I'm going to have enough time (and I'm not positive i have the time as it is yet).

-C

Were meeting at the Carls Junior in Castaic off of the Parker exit at 7:00 am.

we should be in the park at the Aliklik campground by 8. From there we will move on to the recovery.

It will be me and 1 other to help. Any other hands available would be helpful.

See you in the morning.
Aaron

Update???

Back