• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hump 'N Bump event

johnnyc

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Anyone going to the Hump 'N Bump event outside of Vegas? It's November 7-8.

Looks pretty cool. Didn't know there were trails like this so close to Vegas.

Santa?

http://www.vv4w.org/humpnbump.asp

Hmmmm....... tempting.

I think Andy and Mike can details, especially Andy.... I heard he moved to Vegas... LOL

I went a few years ago and it is a awesome event! If you get the chance to go, take it.

It is a lot like the TDS with a mix of JV rocks. It will test you and your rig to it's limits.

DEW IT!

The event is well organized. It always falls on the last day of SEMA and there are often show trucks or manufacturer vehicles on the trails. Occasionally, the media shows up and all the whores in the club elbow their way onto that trail.

The trails are what you are interested in though. The harder trails are hard and fun but short. The medium trails are long and interesting. The scenery in very reminiscent of Moab. Most of the trails are on BLM land but they pass through or skirt along the Valley Of Fire State Park. There's slickrock and lots of sand. There's a large sand dune area to play in. The only downside is that the harder trails get crowded and all of them use the same access trail to reach them.

The raffle is sporadic. Some years it is awesome and others, like this year, it's tough to get prizes donated.

The camping area has ben moved this yearto the Clark County Fair Grounds. There are full hooks for RVs and tent camping on grass. Several motels are nearby in Logandale for those who do not like roughing it.

am I the only one of us that was led astray by some misleading title such as hump 'n' bump? I mean, I've tried it with the whole non-reclining seat thing...and hump 'n' bump couldn't be a better description of the event. =)

Back