• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HR 45

I wouldn't expect CA to allow you to carry a firearm period. Unless you were some sort of law enforcement etc.
CA has a method to get a CCW. It involves being politically connected, and usually very wealthy,... or actually IN the government(I seem to recall reading that the honorable Senator Mrs. Dianne Feinstein has CCW)

CA has a method to get a CCW. It involves being politically connected, and usually very wealthy,... or actually IN the government(I seem to recall reading that the honorable Senator Mrs. Dianne Feinstein has CCW)

She does. So does state pol Don Perata.

I saw a copy of Perata's "justification letter" (yes, you have to justify it here...) and it said something like "... my efforts to promote reasonable firearms legislation has resulted in threats against my life..." or somesuch drivel. Probably similar for Feinstein.

Seems to me that if you're receiving threats, you should perhaps re-evaluate your position? A variation on "If one person calls you a jackass, you can probably ignore it. If a dozen people call you a jackass, you should probably find out why."

California is often hailed as a "bellwhether" - that being the sheep wearing the bell that leads the rest of the flock to where they need to be.

I think of CA more as a "Judas goat" - the goat wearing the bell that leads the rest of them to the slaughterhouse.

god i hate california...

when will that big earthquake happen?

Anyone heard of HR 1022 also? From what I can see, it's a renewal of the Assault weapons ban

yeah we all knew SOMEONE was going to try to put back in play, it was just a window for us to buy things we wanted... however the big debacle isn't necessarily over the ban being put back into effect but that the way it is worded it may ban all semi automatic firearms aswell

yeah we all knew SOMEONE was going to try to put back in play, it was just a window for us to buy things we wanted... however the big debacle isn't necessarily over the ban being put back into effect but that the way it is worded it may ban all semi automatic firearms aswell

H.R. 45 said:
The term `qualifying firearm'--
      • `(A) means--

• `(i) any handgun; or
`(ii) any semiautomatic firearm that can accept any detachable ammunition feeding device;
That second one worries me too. I've known enough lawyers to see how this could be extended to include double action revolvers and speedloaders.
One definition:
Noun1.semiautomatic pistol - a pistol that is a semiautomatic firearm capable of loading and firing continuously
Sounds like a d/a revolver fits that bill.

Sounds like a d/a revolver fits that bill.
Now that you can buy a "trigger cocking" semi-auto, a DA revolver is just as "automatic" as about half the "semis" out there. :D

That's OK though, I read somewhere that a Steyr Scout was listed as an "assault rifle" in CA.(Conventional bolt action with a detachable box magazine and an ugly stock)

Back