• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to properly store injectors???

newjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Can anybody tell me the proper way to store fuel injectors so they will be good to go when I need them? How long will they store for? Is just the O ring replaceable? Thanks

The o-rings are field serviceable - keep them in their original package, and out of direct sunlight or fluorescent light (UV radiation from both will break down the composition, given time.)

Fuel injectors should be stored in such a manner to protect them from dust and humidity - I keep my spares in ziploc baggies with litte "dry-packs" (like you find in vitamins and electronics,) and put them on the shelf in a cardboard box with packing foam (to protect from bumps and UV.) They'll keep for a good long while that way.

I'm sure it's overkill, but better safe than sorry, no?

5-90

Lets say I snag some used injectors from a scrap yard. Any advice on cleaning them up and drying them out for the DRY storage method mentioned above?

Take them to a fuel injection shop where they can ultrasonically clean them and run cleaner THROUGH them - they should be ready to store when you get them back (and may already be in a box for storage, depending upon the shop.)

Failing that, I'd not go to a 'yard to get them - you don't really know what you're getting that way. You can get a set of 302 pulls fairly cheap (check FiveOMotorsport, I think) and either get six (a spare full set) or eight (a full set plus two additional spares.)

Fuel systems are just not something I'm highly inclined to play "fast and loose" with...

5-90

After cleaning, stuff them in a sealable baggie, with 5 cotton balls soaked in isopropahol alchohol. I had to keep my 5-Oh injectors in a baggie for 3 years, in a very enviroment-unfriendly barn, until I was ready to use them.

Other than the bat/owl-shit on the outside of the bag, the injectors were in perfect, brandy-new condition, when I was ready to install.

Back