• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HOW TO: Paint Your Wheels...

I'm gonna dig up this old thread for a couple questions: I have a set of aluminum wheels that I want to paint and I'm curious as to how they would hold up, particularly because I will be changing the color.

1- Those were aluminum wheels, right?
2- Did you ever get them mounted?
3- How are they holding up so far?
4- PICTURES?!

If the OP is no longer around, has anyone else painted aluminum wheels? Questions # 3 & 4 apply as above. Thanks

1.) Yes they were aluminum wheels. I did not take them down to bare aluminum though, just scuffed the surface thoroughly so the new paint could bite.

2.) No, I never did get them mounted. I actually just sold them. I'm really hoping the buyer will post up some pics when he gets them on his rig.

3.) I can't really attest to how durable they are, as I didn't mount them. But they are extremely hard to scratch.

4.) I'll post some more pictures in a little bit.

A lot of people go this route. It's cheap, effective, and if you take your time the outcome is really magnificent. I read about this on various other forums before trying it.

Here's how they all turned out.

IMG_3235.jpg

IMG_3234.jpg

IMG_3236.jpg

IMG_3237.jpg

IMG_3238.jpg

IMG_3239.jpg

Wow. They look brand new! Thanks for posting up. Don't know if I'm gonna have the time to do mine in a week, but I'm certainly gonna try. I'm looking to make them darker. The shiny look does nothing for my Jeep which is red, black accessories and factory gold trim (yeah,I know ). Problem is, they already have rubber, but I think I can do it. Thanks again.

Hey Dan empty your PM box or check your email.

Hey since we are on the wheel painting subject, I have a pair of aluminum wheels on my wifes JK, they are aftermarket, they came with it when I bought it. they are polished alum, with a lcear coat finish. Would you use the same process for these wheels? Would they hold up like the painted wheels did?

Thanks man. Just make sure you give me a tracking number before tuesday because I'll be headed to the wilderness and won't have a computer.

Photos of the wheels. No center caps. Not sure what direction I'm going to go with them anymore.

3941916552_9044a624ee.jpg

3941141033_149681cb2c.jpg

sexy!

Back