• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to mount Hellas on my JCR Offroad bumper?

ChaplainDave

NAXJA Forum User
I love my JCR Stage 4 bumper, but I can't figure how to mount a pair of Hellas on it.

The challenge is the bumper's design and construction--or maybe my lack of creativity! Up front, it is essentially a 2 x 5 inch tube, enclosed at the bottom and back.

Since it is enclosed, the only thing I can figure is to drill down through its top, then through the bottom, and anchor the light brackets with a 5-inch-plus bolt, held tight by a nut at the bottom of the bumper. (The light kit comes with--I think--2-inch bolts.)

Anyone know of an easier way? (I don't think the metal is thick enough to anchor the light brackets simply by tapping the top, or using a self-tapping screw.)

Thanks!

I used KC Hilite's tube brackets to mount my lights on my brush guard. I remember seeing Hella's having their own version of it. Look on Quadratec.

I ordered mine with the lean forward hoop. Problem solved! :D

Mine has the hoop as well, and I need to figure what size lights I can run. I'd prefer to have them inside the hoop instead of on top of it.

I'm gonna get a set of Hella 500's again and convert them to HID.

Pretty much all of the slim lights will fit under the hoop. You may need some spacers between the light and tab though.

I just bought some 5" round lights in ANTICIPATION that my JCR Stage IV bumper will be arriving soon. I sure hope they are slim enough. I didn't figure there was a size limit...

Anyway, I was going to suggest tapping holes in the upper surface of the bumper if you did not get a hoop. Maybe I'll be doing that on my kid's JCR Stage IV bumper if these round lights are too big for my hoop. (Dang kid wins again!)

Back