• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to disable OE Alarm on 92 XJ?

Redsnake

NAXJA Forum User
My son's 92 XJ apparently has an OE Alarm system that has shut his rig down. We bought it used ~ 1 yr back and it only came with the ignition & door lock key. No alarm fob & the person we bought it from never mentioned an alarm.

Yesterday morning he got out of his XJ to go in the grocery store and when he tried getting back in the alarm activated for the first time ever. Horn blowing and lights flashing. I wasnt there and he called me. Tried disconnecting the battery for a few hrs to reset and that hasn't worked. Tried using the key in ignition on/off/on to no avail. Tried locking / unlocking the door a couple times with key & that hasn't worked.

The only thing I can find when searching the forum & Google is to splice/ground a green/orange wire or a purple/green wire coming off the fuse block under dash on drivers side.

Since I'm not physically able to check it out myself any help I can get here to pass along would be appreciated. Also of note, it's been pretty cold with Temps in the teens the past couple of days. Help or a how to is very appreciated!

I have a 91 limited that I had lots of trouble with the or alarm system. It was one of the first problems I searched for help online ages ago. Not sure how to get it running again but mine was still running when I found that there is a module way up in the dash harness above the steering column. There was a procedure with the on off with the ignition key but it allowed me to remove that module and not lock up the anti theft function in the ecu. Not sure how to get you from here to there but my XJ was running dead at airports, alarm locking etc till I finally got that module out.

search for my post on this with a 91.
there was a maroon plug up near the steering column. if you are sitting in the driver seat it is on the right of the column, but is under the dash of course.

look around under there. that solved my troubles on a 91 limited with the security system

the door locks and the hatch have switches attached to them for the alarm, these often go bad, disconnecting the module like i mentioned above will completely dis arm the system
you can also try locking and unlocking one of the doors with the key seveal times.

Back