• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much can the RENIX adjust timing?

CW

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the middle of a supercharger setup and I wanted to know if the REINX computer can retard the timing enough or if I will need to pick up an msd boost timing controller. I will be running 4-5psi from an eaton m-90 with a water/alcohol injection system and a 1:1 rising rate regulator, gm 2 bar map sensor, relocated IAT and other misc stuff. From what I've read on water injection it should allow for a close to stock timing curve so I might just have to try it and see.

Last edited:
The Renix computer can retard timing quite a bit, but it relies in large part on input from the knock sensor. As long as you can keep pre-detonation under control with the water injection and appropriate cylinder pressures, I think you'll be fine. I think there is extra power to be found by modifying the stock timing curve, and that's where the aftermarket timing adjustment boxes can come into play.

Back