• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How many things could go wrong? Seriously?

Yes, I am hoping to get out this afternoon an take some pics (with my new camera) but being northren wisconsin, it might be dark by 4-5pm lol

Sounds about like a regular Jeep project. JIM knows full well how much the stock crossmember studs are a PITA. My TNT crossmember is only held in with 5 out of 6 bolts because of a !@#$%& stud.

My FSJ was a PITA to lift also. Had to cut every leaf spring bolt with the torch, drop the gas tank to access a weld nut that broke and use some creative engineering to get the rear leafs to flex enough to drop into the shackle.

hey man same here, i have one stud that broke off and i am missing one bolt that holds up my RE belly pan... but i figured that there is enough mount points for it to be safe. nothing has broken yet, so far so good:gee:

Yes, I am hoping to get out this afternoon an take some pics (with my new camera) but being northren wisconsin, it might be dark by 4-5pm lol

there is a thing called a flash, hahaha. i know it usually make the picture just look a giant burst of light. so wait and get some good pics.

I got lucky with my 2" of lift on the '97 and had no vibes. Lets see those pics!

Here's a pic of Teh Creep stock the summer I bought it.
TheCreepSummerof2007.jpg

Here are the pics I took today with what time I had....

100_0307.jpg

This is my favorite of the 3 pictures...
100_0308.jpg

Here is a little bit of flex, however I need to find a better "ramp"...
100_0309.jpg

Nice :thumbup:

Pretty sharp there Tex!

looks good Austin, glad to see it all come together. If I can help in any other way let me know :thumbup:

also, thanks for leaving a visable license plate...I just reported it to the authorities that there were some kids out whacking it in my tool shed... (Beavis and Butthead Movie insert :D )

Meh doesnt bother me too much... Campus cameras have it in view most of the time... I have alibis lol... I may shoot you a PM aboot something later, right now I'm building a project thats due in like 6hrs lol

disconnect that swaybar and youll get more flex :)

I will when I make my home-made disconnects, or find some used ones that work for 3in lifts...

That was really just not a good spot for that, a curb would have worked better...

Awaiting the arrival of a T-case drop kit (hopefully I get it by my thanksgiving break...) to install why I try and find the money to do a proper SYE (or H&T)... In the mean time, playing round with my ideas about extending the oem sway bar links, and making them semi-quick disconnect... Also keeping a look out at the local JYs for manuel XJs with 4.10s....

Awaiting the arrival of a T-case drop kit (hopefully I get it by my thanksgiving break...) to install why I try and find the money to do a proper SYE (or H&T)... In the mean time, playing round with my ideas about extending the oem sway bar links, and making them semi-quick disconnect... Also keeping a look out at the local JYs for manuel XJs with 4.10s....

They dont need to be manuals. They have 3.07 gears in the 4.0 models. THe 4 cylinders are the ones with 4.10's.

They dont need to be manuals. They have 3.07 gears in the 4.0 models. THe 4 cylinders are the ones with 4.10's.

Thank you for correcting me Aaron, that was what I meant... Not a lot of sleep lately cause of mid terms, anyways, there are a couple XJs I spotted the otherday sitting in the back 40 of a farm near town, gona go talk to the owner and see whats up...

Thank you for correcting me Aaron, that was what I meant... Not a lot of sleep lately cause of mid terms, anyways, there are a couple XJs I spotted the otherday sitting in the back 40 of a farm near town, gona go talk to the owner and see whats up...
Some of the 4 bangers even had 4.56's.

true that, I just scored a set a few weeks back and sold them to Paul...check w/ Collin to see if he has some 4.10's or 4.56's stockers around, I was thinking that he had something in the garage last time I was up there.

Back