• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How many of you have no sway bars?

After rolling my MJ on its side with no swaybars, I have JKS's ordered for the front. Almost totalling it out kinda puts things into perspective. $100 is cheap insurance if ya ask me. There are things that you cannot control on the road, no matter how well you know your truck and how good of a driver you are. To each their own, but for my 7.5" lifted DD that gets thousands of highway miles a year, I'm going to run them.

Çrestfa||en said:

I have actually bottomed out on the bumpstops while swaying it from side to side at 30 mph to see how far it could go. It never even came close to flipping. On a steep hill at my house I drove sideways to test the same. It felt much more likely to roll when the swaybars WERE connected.

Should we give him the Darwin Award now? That way he can appreciate it for awhile. :wstupid:

The only bummer is when it happens, it will be too late to tell him "Told ya so". :angel:

THERE IS A SAFETY COMPAIN GOING

With Ford 15 pass vans. I've personally watched tests that have been done at test site regarding sway bars on 15 pass FORD E350. Let me tell you all, Ford E series is very top heavy. Put 15 170-200LBS guys and you have very-very high center of gravity. Test have been done with factory rear sway bar and with a anti-roll system (wich basically spring loaded shock attached between rear side of main leaf and clamped by sping leaf plate in the middle)....WHAT A DIFFERENCE it made!!!
First testers almost rolled veh (it had safety bars on each side of tested veh) doing 30 mph and fish tail....Test with cones, with stock sawy bars, not a chance....FAILED. In each instance veh lifted one or two tires of the ground...Pavement was dry. Then testers installed anti-roll syst....MAN veh didn't even think to lift a tire under the worst condition....It was so stable as if it had some supper-sticky-glue-type tires.....They even raised speed to 45 mph NOTHING......Veh lifted LF tire only doing fis-tail monuver, only slightly which could be put back down on earth by correcting stering wheel a bit....
SO KEEP 'ER SWAYBARS ---FLIPBARS CONNECTED...FOR YOUR KIDS (who could be in your vehicle) OR FOR SAFETY OF OTHERS...
MY .02
THANKS!

All this reminds me of my ultimate dream machine......

Narrow track four wheel drive corvair for all you brainwashed Nader fans out there.

Vehicles don't roll vehicles,
Drivers roll vehicles.

Remember how "unsafe" the suzuki samari was because of roll over potential? What a Crock.

Back