• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how many airsoft pellets to buy for 31's?

Pretty sure I ended up using 12,000 of the .12's in my 33's. I didnt like em much, and it wasnt as good as with the weight, but the damn tires are square anyway. freeking intercos....

~James

Yeah I'm not expectin perfectly balanced tires but at least somewhere close. Right now I get a back and forth shaking on the steering wheel at any speeds above 50. It's a balancing issue i'm sure. They need to be balanced every 3-5k miles cuz they are bias ply.

I just went to wal-fart and they had green .12g 10,000ct bb's for $14.99. Killer deal. I evenly distributed them in four plastic bags. I did a little science project to weigh em since i don't have a scale. I took a 5th bag and put in 10 oz of wheel weights from my old ltbs (it had 32 oz of weight on the wheel!) and taped that bag to one end of a stick and a bag of bb's to the other end and balanced it on my finger. It stayed level so It's 10 oz or close to that. :laugh:

Alright I had some time today so I got to work on this:

I divided them all up in baggies and got em poured in at the shop that was doing my inspection.

PIC-0130.jpg

I had to lower the pressure cuz the shop put 45 psi in them....:eek:

But the drive home on the highway was unbelievable. I never had a tire ride that smooth, especially a SWAMPER. I didn't go over 60 though cuz I normally don't and it was smooth as it can be up to that speed. I'm totally satisfied and sold on this balancing method. These actually work better than dynabeads too.

:yelclap:

Back