• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How far do your tires stick out of the fender well?

Foxwood

NAXJA Forum User
Im in a slow process of a d44/9 build. And have a set of rollers that are 36x14.5r15 but i measured it today and it seems i will be sitting about 8-10" outside of the fender on both sides.

Im not sure of the Backspacing on the wheels i got paid $40 at u-pull it for the set of 4 steelies with the tires.

How far do your stick out? Thoughts and opinions.

Measure the backspace, measure the difference between the axle you're installing, add that to the (width of the tire minus the backspacing) and then I got lost...

10 inches sounds about right.

you really cant bring them in much more. you start hitting things with the bigger tires at flex time..Plus your jeep will drive differently. For example when i had rims with 3.75 bs it drove nice in a wide stance but when i put the moab rims on with out any spacers the steering wheel would snap back fast and it felt less stable. just a thought

Should I even answer? ;)

Glenn.. yours isnt even driveable on the street.

Glenn, yours wont FIT on the street!

See my above post.... I need cash for the new H1 wheel centers.

To OP: That tire will stick out 8" - 10" depending on the rims. If you want to check the BS remove the tire lay it down and put a straight edge across the rim. not the tire. Then measure to where the rim mounts on the axle. Should be about 4" on most standard aftermarket rims. Factory can vary quite a bit though.

Back