• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How come no one ever post's upcoming runs?

I don't like Jerks on my trail runs!!

(I'm not going to mention any names... :guitar: )

E

Hell I think I wheel more than you.

Pssst - Participate in the March Membership Drive, win something cool then give it to me!

Hell I think I wheel more than you.

....!

HA!
This may be true. However, I actually wheeled 5 times last year.

I just don't tell anyone because I have a reputation to uphold. :laugh3:

By the way, I've been wanting to take my Little Jeep out to Holcomb to see how it does after all the the mods I did to it.. Let me know if you are up to it. ;)

E

HA!
By the way, I've been wanting to take my Little Jeep out to Holcomb to see how it does after all the the mods I did to it.. Let me know if you are up to it. ;)

E

Probably running Holcomb Creek on the 17th if you wont to come along. I think the original OP has a good point. A few years back when I joined there was a lot of runs being posted. I remember trying to decide each weekend which run I wanted to choose. Over the last couple years there has been a definate decline. I find myself wheeling with the JK and TJ guys more and more because it seems like every weekend one of those local groups is wheelin somewhere near me. I have noticed that even though the JK and TJ guys are out almost every weekend, the groups have gotten a LOT smaller. My guess would be the same as Skwerly; this economy sucks!! I know I went a lot less this last year and in almost every situation where I chose not to go it was finances that got in the way. We need to just carpool more. If you want to wheel but don't have the money just sit shotgun in someone elses rig. I always have a couple extra seats. If you have a red XJ then I'm not driving with you. If it comes to roll over red or life I choose life.

Last edited:
Where's cleghorn?

http://g.co/maps/bpt4e

Roughly, 138 & the 15.

Picture of the Cajon Pass in the background
d5c9c798.jpg

Is that you ted?:laugh2:

:twak: that's like kicking me in the shin... No I'm not Ted... I spell way better than Ted does :)

Cleghorn is a 170 mile 1 way trip for me... There would have to be naked chicks jumping on trampolines for me to make it up there :)

Last edited:
Probably running Holcomb Creek on the 17th if you wont to come along. I think the original OP has a good point. A few years back when I joined there was a lot of runs being posted. I remember trying to decide each weekend which run I wanted to choose. Over the last couple years there has been a definate decline. I find myself wheeling with the JK and TJ guys more and more because it seems like every weekend one of those local groups is wheelin somewhere near me. I have noticed that even though the JK and TJ guys are out almost every weekend, the groups have gotten a LOT smaller. My guess would be the same as Skwerly; this economy sucks!! I know I went a lot less this last year and in almost every situation where I chose not to go it was finances that got in the way. We need to just carpool more. If you want to wheel but don't have the money just sit shotgun in someone elses rig. I always have a couple extra seats. If you have a red XJ then I'm not driving with you. If it comes to roll oer red or life I choose life.

Tempting. However, my wife is part Irish and she loves celebrating St.Patrick's Day.

I agree that the economy plays a big factor in people wheeling or not. I used to spend a lot of money on unneccessary Jeep parts. Now I have to budget for gas money, let alone the needed repairs for my our Jeeps.

The dynamics of this club has also changed. It's neither good nor bad. It is what it is.

Elias

Tempting. However, my wife is part Irish and she loves celebrating St.Patrick's Day.

I agree that the economy plays a big factor in people wheeling or not. I used to spend a lot of money on unneccessary Jeep parts. Now I have to budget for gas money, let alone the needed repairs for my our Jeeps.

The dynamics of this club has also changed. It's neither good nor bad. It is what it is.

Elias
What is wrong with celebrating St Patty' day on the trail?

since I can't seem to finish anything, I don't actually wheel, so I don't post up any 'runs' unless someone wants to run to the grocery story with me, I do that a lot.

Why don't you actually wheel? Because you don't finish your rig?

work has been killing me lately, I need to get my transfercase skid finished, and figure out some rocker armor. I was thinking of doing the 2x6", although those new JCRs are tempting me.

all I need now is the time...maybe in a week or two.

Ah, yeah, I totally get that. Hope it comes together soon for ya, man! :)

its been a long time coming, but it will be done soon, then I'm gonna need to do a shakedown run, find out what else needs doing

I'll be sure and post up when it happens.

Back