• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

An appeal to my chapter for help

Nimrod

Degenerate Jeeper
NAXJA Member
When I took on the task of organizing the trail runs for the big Moab event, I was warned that the biggest part of the job would be recruiting enough volunteer trail leaders. But I figured that if I got started early enough and was diligent about it, getting folks to step up would be doable. The event is now a short two months away, the trail schedule has been set, and I'm still way short of having enough leaders to make all of the runs happen. So I'll admit that I'm getting kind of worried about it.

I know most of the active SoCal Chapter members personally, so I'm reaching out to the chapter specially for help. If you're going to be attending the event in Moab, please help a chapter brother out -- and help the club out -- and volunteer to lead a run. The individual BOD members are devoting a lot of time to planning the event, but it can't be a success without trail leaders. We need you. I need you. But not in any weird way.

Give me a call if you want to go over the schedule and see what runs are still in need of leaders. Or send me a pm. Thanks very much!

Al
562 six7six 77zero2

I've not spoken up yet, since things these days are so uncertain for my travel, etc. But, we (Noah and I) are committed (no comments here) to going to Moab with at least Gomer. Lil' Gomer looks to be put on hold, so Noah can build a house.

I'd be willing to lead a run. Keep it mild, since you know how Gomer is; being barely built and all. But, I've never been to Moab, so will need some help knowing what I'm doing.

David Bricker / SYR - DFW

I'd be willing to lead a run. Keep it mild, since you know how Gomer is; being barely built and all. But, I've never been to Moab, so will need some help knowing what I'm doing.

David Bricker / SYR - DFW

Thanks very much, David!

Dome Plateau on Wednesday still needs a leader, as does Lathrop Canyon on Friday, and La Sal Pass on Saturday. Each is rated "moderate" in the Charles A. Wells guidebook. May I pencil you in for one of those?

Thanks very much, David!

Dome Plateau on Wednesday still needs a leader, as does Lathrop Canyon on Friday, and La Sal Pass on Saturday. Each is rated "moderate" in the Charles A. Wells guidebook. May I pencil you in for one of those?

Sure. Friday will probably be best, since I'm likely to be heavily involved in prepping for Saturday's gala dinner.

David Bricker / SYR

Sorry, my Jeep isn't even going to the event, much less leading something. Arna and I are showing up in her Isuzu Amigo (locked on 32s),

Arna hasn't been out to Moab since Dallas was a teenager (I think), so she's not really wanting to lead anything. And we'll only be out there for Thursday night thru Sunday sometime.

Damn, I was hoping to go on Carol's world famous "Don't follow me, I'm lost run" through Moab.

You can instead go on the Bricker's "Why would you follow someone who's never been to Moab" run.

David Bricker / SYR

Back