• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hot springs Labor day

So lets try to get a headcount then. I am most likely going to be camping out somewhere near/around Hot Springs, but spending the days at the ORV Park.

I am coming up thursday night. Leaving Fort Worth about 4pm (after kids get out of school). I will be camping...someplace? Not sure where as of yet.

I have been online all day, and have yet to find a campground near hot springs that has any rv sites available. There are a few tent sites here and there, but I would like to bring my pop up.

They have power hook ups at the park. There is also a koa campground a few miles from the park. Probably all booked solid though.

Went by the park Saturday to check on some trails and check out my new GPS setup. All camp and RV sites are full for this weekend. Might try the KOA or J&J ( or maybe its JJ's) RV park across the highway.

HotSpringsXJ said:
Went by the park Saturday to check on some trails and check out my new GPS setup. All camp and RV sites are full for this weekend. Might try the KOA or J&J ( or maybe its JJ's) RV park across the highway.

Does that include the primitive sites?

JTBOSCO said:
So there is no place to camp up there?

You should contact the park office to check / reserve a primitive (tent) site if you plan to camp. Sounds like they are pretty slim pickings right now, though.

Superlift Off-Road Vehicle Park
2100 Mill Creek Road
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901 Office: 501-625-3600
Fax: 501-625-3607
E-mail: [email protected]

goodburbon said:
Right. You have the most unique XJ in the group so I think gathering near your rig would make the most sense. The park gates technically open at 9 am every morning. So I am thinking at about 8:30 Friday and Saturday morning we should gather informally so that any newcomers Saturday won't be lost. We should also probably designate a contact person (cell service is sketchy there) and PM the number to members coming to meet us so they can find us if we are out on the trails.

Since the time is approaching, I figured I'd pull this back out. I'm sending a PM with my cell number to all members who plan to be at the park this weekend. I'm driving up Thursday night and will be at the park by 8:30 AM or so on Friday morning. I'll be on CB Channel 14 for both the drive up and in the park in the morning as an alternate contact method, as well.

Well since there aren't many camping accomodations available.... I might just come up for the day on Saturday or Sunday (its only about an hour and a half or so drive for me) instead of doing the whole weekend. However, when I do come up I'll make sure to have my cb on channel 14 as well, so I can try to catch up with you guys.

Plus I have failed myself in preparation for the event. My crossbars for my roof rack still haven't arrived, and neither has my new winch bumper. ::Hangs head in shame::

Hmmmmmmmmm........... I wonder if I could get away with still bringing the pop up, and just toting my generator along with it? LOL I would just hate to drag it all that way, and still be unable to use it.

Back