• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Homemade bumper & More..

AD-8

NAXJA Forum User
I finished up my bumper amd threw some paint on it. I know its not the best thing ever, but it was my first time welding and metal working.
IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

I stripped all the paint and primed up the doors for paint. I guess that a previous owner got in an accident and had those doors replaced and painted because the rest of the paint was fine, but these were peeling. As you can see the front sits lower than the rear, I've got some spacers on the way.

IMG_0919.jpg

I trimmed up the rears too. still gotta paint them and stuff.

IMG_0923.jpg

like the bumper... nice for the first time:)!

I'm pretty sure the pins on the shackles will be fine. I don't have an Air locker, Just a sticker my friend had laying around, apparently it works in making people think I have more than I do, haha. BTW If i do get an airlocker, can I use my A/C compresser (converted to air compressor) to power it. Don't ever buy the headlights, they are horrible. I haven't found time to take them out yet, but when I do I'm will be investing in E-codes.

Thats too bad those lights dont do to good cause I was going to ask what they were. I really like the look of them but if they are no good then Ill roll with my stockers.

It looks like you mounted to the frame for the bumper, did you make a template?....I too am starting my first welding project (ox and acet.), some half doors....my next project is a front bumper.

Heres some pics of the brackets.

100_0769.jpg

100_0770.jpg

100_0782.jpg

100_0780.jpg

The lights are seriously about as bright as a flashlight with dead batteries, got them off of ebay.

do u know that ur missing a lug?

nice bumper BTW, i reall wish i could weld (i just took my roof rack to the welding shop here to get the crossrails welded up, 45 bucks!)

Yeah, gonna buy a new set of lugs with wheel locks. My friend taught me how to weld, not really to hard once you get the amps right. My dad has had a Hobart sitting in the garage for years, works perfect tho. I still have alot to learn, but Im happy how it turned out. Next Im making some rock rails.

You don't have to worry about the pins, there isn't much a force being applied to them, considering the pin attached to the shackle is double sheer, and the force should only be applied to the pin itself.

As for the bumper? Looks pretty good for your first try, and its much nicer than anything I could fabricate.. the lights compliment your black out look, but my friend ran the same set.. G-ar-bage.

I have those same headlight from ebay i bought new bulbs for em the day i got them i get 110/90 watt artic purple bulbs and they work great know

Back