• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

home brew cold air intake

its possible on a stock intake also but yes it would actually be easier to get wet depending on how you set up a heat shield around your filter. although the only thing ive ever
got water in the intake on was my old yota crawler and it was on the stock intake box still. it was 6" lift and 37s doin less then 10 mph at a big puddle and got the damn thing wet, ran like shat for like a week til i sprayed a bit of carb cleaner in it. my old ranger prerunner was on one right over the fender well also and i never had one problem and it had no heat shield at all. only thing is i hate mud/puddles, i avoid them when possible so it keeps me dry easier

thanks! my first one i did on my old xj was a abs elbow but i didnt like how it sat so i came up with that for this xj. i figured it was simple and clean looking

You're welcome. :) .......I want to redo my intake (Renix) when I do the stroker. Im thinking about cutting the intake tube close to the TB and using the tubing you can get at autozone and running it right behind the grill with a filter. We'll see how it turns out. Mite have a heat shield built out of sheet metal as well. Im not really satidfied with it now. :rolleyes:

ya i used the autozone tube on my old ranger, worked out nicely. post up pics when you get the new setup done. i still need to do my heat shield but atm i already felt a great difference even without the shield

Back