• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High steer, flipserts, and TRE's

lapisxj said:
Do you mean that control arms with flex type joints in the ends will help reduce play in the arms? Do you think that it could be the control arms that have been the root of the problem all along?
No what I meant is that arms that have a twist joint in the middle of them relieve the stress the poly bushes cause on the brackets.

Gojeep said:
No what I meant is that arms that have a twist joint in the middle of them relieve the stress the poly bushes cause on the brackets.

Like Tera?

Those bushings were cooked in 3 months :shocked:

Hate to bring up a post from the past, but I have a problem.

Tried to mount the JCR kit OTK. The taper on the pass side TRE is taped the wrong way.

XJtoy said:
I have one question I was looking at getting the JCR setup and going over the knuckle, but the one tie rod that has the hole for the other tie rod is tapered one way. That means you flip it over to the top and it would make the taper reverse so the tie rod would have to come throw the back. Do you have to tell them your doing the over the knuckle so they can tap it the other way?

IntrepidXJ said:

RCP Phx said:
The JCR kit is a UTK kit,the taper is in the TRE itself.
Correction,I forgot that TRE has no taper(stock),it was used for the steering dampner!
http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=S6
2233sm.jpg

So from what RCP Phx is saying, is that if I get a stock chevy end, it wont be tapered. Would that be the best fix?

Im assuming that I wont be able to ream out the one that I have, as it will be then tappered on both sides.
Input anyone?

Starboard M said:
I assume that you wouldnt recomend rereaming (is that a word?) the one that I got in the kit?

Absolutly not. We ream the Passenger TRE for the steering set up to be UTK. If ppl request a OTK setup on order, we ream them the other way for them. Once it is reamed, you can't change it. You need to start with an unreamed new TRE from a part store.

Do you think I can get the JCR kit to replace my rustys inverted Y set up but get heims for it or should I just keep the 1ton ends?
Sorry, I'm getting overwhelmed....
Thanks though

If you are going to inverted T, keep the 1 ton TREs. If you are going cross over, go with heims. But add the safety washers.....

Back