• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP PLZ!!! 89 XJ

I still feel that its a little laggy on throttle response so i will re-tune my TPS and see if that helps...

REALLY?!

:yelclap::party:

Replacing the CPS didn't affect your problem. It doesn't have anything to do with acceleration or throttle.

You really should go through the lunghd RENIX article and test all of the sensors and post your results. I posted the link to it earlier in your thread. If you don't do this, we can't help you anymore.

try the fuel pressure regulator sometimes they leak fuel into the vacuum port and run rich or fuel fowl the plugs

Replacing the CPS didn't affect your problem. It doesn't have anything to do with acceleration or throttle.

You really should go through the lunghd RENIX article and test all of the sensors and post your results. I posted the link to it earlier in your thread. If you don't do this, we can't help you anymore.

Will do... thanks...

Few basics--running rich reduces idle speeds, running lean increases idle speeds.

Your idle speed should be 700~750 after 20 minutes of driving (fully warmed up). Manual trans vehicles checked in neutral, of course; auto trans vehicles checked in DRIVE; don't rely on the IP tach they are notoriously off.

Back