• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help installing my rocker arms??!!!!

If this is a rebuild I would not understand re-using the rockers & pivot anyway?
If the engine needs rebuilt so do the rockers, pivot & pushrods
Also the oil pump as well (no way I would use a old pump in a new engine)
And my guess is that someone changed just rockers or pivots only and that could explain the two different parts (different manufactures may run the groove different directions?)
If this is a rebuild you should have all new parts.

yea, langer, thats how the rockers look, but im prety sure they went in pairs going the same way. at least thats how they were.
rod rod... rod rod
\ / \ / ....or / \ / \
val. val...val. val.
but it sounds like im hearing from everyone that you put the pivits on so they cross, or the opposite of the rocker.
at this point i guess im just going to order new ones. i was wondering though, does anyone know how to tell unaceptable wear on rods and rockers?

ok, so i just was educated by my engine guy. See the grooves in the rocker arms, really arent grooves, they just look like them when you dont pick at them with your fingernail. They actuall are ridges that stick up instead of down. Anyway, the pivits have grooves in them when new and after 200k of running, they had worn these ridges into my rocker arms (which come new with no grooves, ridges, or anything apparently). Glad i didnt put them on crossing eachother or it would have squeaked like crazy because the pivit would be only riding on these 2 little ridges in the rocker. So, i was educated today, and also placed an order for new rockers and pushrods. Thanks everyone!

Back