• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help end my steering search

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Well to sum it up, I am obviously not happy with my rugged ridge steering as its not any good at six inches of lift on the street and cant go otk. Real scary road experience. Anyways I have been doing lots and lots of research on jcr otk and i like the kit a ton but I am reading lots of reports of it being difficult to drive on road still. Unfortunatly my jeep will probably never be trailered and will sometimes see daily driver duties consisting of some decent highway miles. So I need something to better suit street manners. Is jcr otk the way to go or should I be considering another option like zj hd steering with goferit inserts or rk steering which i have heard lots of negatives about. I would have just settled for oro u turn but that is quite the price tag. I guess my question is should I just shut up and buy the jcr otk?

if your not happy with rugged ridge... jcr isn't going to be much different especially over the knuckle...

I would guess that you might have some additional issues that make your Jeep less friendly to be daily driven...

have you had it aligned?

What is the caster set at?

any slop in the tie rod ends/ trackbar/ control arms?

figure out why your Jeep doesn't handle well and fix it... don't try to bandaid it with "NEW STEERING"

well, i'd vote no for JCR UTK since ive been having to swap TREs alot so perhaps....just maybe OTK might be better. Kyung (corbinafly) runs the Toys by troy aluminum steering stuff which is pricey too but has withheld lots of abuse. U TUrn system looks nice. WJ conversion is beefy and solid but takes more work.

Gravesdiggerxj said:
if your not happy with rugged ridge... jcr isn't going to be much different especially over the knuckle...

I would guess that you might have some additional issues that make your Jeep less friendly to be daily driven...

have you had it aligned?

What is the caster set at?

any slop in the tie rod ends/ trackbar/ control arms?

figure out why your Jeep doesn't handle well and fix it... don't try to bandaid it with "NEW STEERING"

X2
I agree 100% I suspect this has everything to do with "other" issues (particularly alignment and castor) and much less to do with the "steering".

What are the symptoms?
Michael

I had it aligned and everything set after I installed three link, re heavy duty track bar and drop bracket and steering. I am not running a sway bar yet as i messed up my links and i know how that feels going down the road Its more the tie rod roll even with a spacer. Tie rod ends are all tight and the alignment shop sets everything from control arms to trackbar. I can go whenever as i bought the lifetime alignments option, best investment yet! A lot of the issues I have faced are the same ones others have dealt with from this kit at six inches. I just know that even stock steering had better on road characteristics when I had it on. I will be going down an inch as the jeep came at this height when I traded my quad for it and this may help a bit.

I have 2 set-ups I want to try. First,I have a brand new RHD draglink. Second ,would be using 1-ton ends, but both would be running in a OTK Y-configuration(not inverted Y)!

Back