• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heim Joint steering on Teraflex knuckle Q?

the first thing to contact will be the third member through the oil pan.

which would be very very bad, given the .010 clearance between the oil pan and the crank on this shiny new Bishop & Buehl fire breathing stroker.

I question the integrity of the single shear design of the axle side track bar.. it LOOKS great.. I dunno, I guess time will tell right?

I'm going to keep that in mind tho!

I question the integrity of the single shear design of the axle side track bar.. it LOOKS great.. I dunno, I guess time will tell right?

I'm going to keep that in mind tho!

Time will tell yes, but its a 7/8-3/4 rod end, with a 3/4" grade 8 fine thread bolt. The sleeve is 1.25x.250 chromo tube. I think we'll break the inner C off before that bolt becomes a problem. ;)

That said, we're running a safety washer.. just in case.

Cal, any issues with your track bar hitting the track bar brace? I'm running that RE frame side bracket, but I drilled a hole higher on it to get the track bar up higher away from the diff. Now I want to add the RE brace, but I'm thinking the track bar will hit it when flexed out. Looks like yours is pretty damn close.

That is awesome. I wouldn't worry about the sine shear at all. I ran double stacked heims through the passenger knuckle on a 3/4" bolt in single shear for a year, including ripping a box off the frame and breaking a sector shaft in that time span, and that 3/4" bolt was as good as the day I put it in. I wouldn't recommend running double stacked single shear on the street only for liability reasons, but it survived a hell of a beating.

For the tie rod, the safely spacers/washers work fine.

That is awesome. I wouldn't worry about the sine shear at all. I ran double stacked heims through the passenger knuckle on a 3/4" bolt in single shear for a year, including ripping a box off the frame and breaking a sector shaft in that time span, and that 3/4" bolt was as good as the day I put it in. I wouldn't recommend running double stacked single shear on the street only for liability reasons, but it survived a hell of a beating.
I have the same setup and have had no issues at all.

The single shear worked fine, but I chose to do this to eliminate concern. The middle arm is 3/4" plate and the top and sides are 3/8".
17B0EE97-9642-43BF-8859-02F45FCB14FE-1085-0000009EA505AC2D_zps868cd2f8.jpg

Yeah, it is. That was the 6" bolt I ran before I added the reenforcement. Couldn't find a longer one locally. It's got an 8" now, with the lock washer and a grade 8 nylock nut. It's far stronger than stock.

I dont get it, why do people put vertical bolts in upside down? I always run mine with the nut on the bottom. Worse comes to worse and the nut loosens up/falls off, the bolt will at least still stay in there and the steering links wont fall off. Nothing worse then driving down the road and having no steering.

Tell that to every major auto maker with the location of the utk tres? If gravity is the only thing holding your steering together, your already screwed.

Back