• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heat is not hot anymore. At the end of my rope!

Nothing to be hesitant about, just run a garden hose to the inlet, and dirt comes out the output... reverse... continue until the waste water is clear.

I am having the same problem on my 96. If I take off the heater control valve will everything else still work? Im not worried about to air conditioning since it does not work anyway. I tried flushing the heater core out and everything came out clean. Does the valve bypass the heater core or something?

As for the original post. Sounds like you may have air in the system or the coolant is low. I would check the two heater hoses and make sure they are close to the same temp. Check them where they attach to the heater core. Let the engine get up to temp and check them. Becareful if you touch them they should both be hot. I use an infared laser Temp gauge to check them at my work. If the input hose is hot and the other is cold or they are both cold you have a problem. You want both hoses hot. The heater core is either clogged or has air trapped in the system. Since the cooling system had a major overhaul I would think there is air trapped in the system. Since it was working before the system overhaul. It can be a pain to get air out of the system sometimes. I would try back filling the heater core to see if that helps. With the engine OFF take one of the heater hoses off. Take it off by the T-stat housing not at the core. Take that hose and pour coolant down into the hose. I usualy pour maybe Half a gallon of coolant into the hose. Coolant will start to come out where the heater hose attaches by the t-stat housing. This is ok . This means coolant is flowing through the heater core. Reatach the heater hose and refill the cooling system with the engine running and the radiator cap off. It will buble some until the T-stat opens and It will suck the coolant down. Then fill it up again and Re install the radiator cap and check the hoses again. Hopefully they will be hot. Sometimes you need to let the car sit overnight and recheck the coolant level in the radiator while the engine is cold. If its low top it off. May need to do this for a couple a days. Also did you have the radiator cap replaced with the radiator? If the cap is bad and wont hold pressure it can cause a problem with over heating and lack of heat in the car. If you are not sure of the condition of the cap replace it. hope this helps some. Any questions just ask.

Last edited:
Back