• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

headlight switch issues

You probably have to replace the connecter. I guess there are at least 2 ways you could go.

1. Cut that whole end off of a junkyard harness You can back out the individual wires and females out of the big plastic plug part by depressing the little metal tabs on each individual blade. Then you only have to splice on one wire for the fried blade. And push the old wires into the plastic plug you got from the junkyard.

or 2. Convert all the wires over to the individual blade ends that crimp on the wire that are available at auto parts stores. Take your switch in to get the ones with the best fit.

Choice 1 would be the most robust, where choice 2 is kind of a butcher job.

Tangential question here, are you guys dropping the dash to do this or are you able to work on it under the dash? I was messing with the switch earlier and couldn't get much of the harness exposed so I'm curious for future reference if the dash has to be dropped

If you want to get access to the harness popping out out the Gauge Cluster is very helpful.

I am getting about a year and a half on those NAPA switches before something wears out like the dimmer etc. They are a pain to replace. I have been tempted to put in a modern switch in it's place but have not had the need yet.

Back